Executive Escalation - Verizon and Midland Credit Managment
resolution

Verizon and Midland Credit Management (Encore Capital Group),

I'm writing this blog as I need to find resolution to an issue that is affecting my wife and she is very frustrated and upset.  Please understand we are in the process of refinancing our house and this negative credit score is affecting our ability to refinance our house and I cannot continue to have this undo stress placed upon her.

We've followed the path of contacting both parties (Verizon and MCM) on several occasions with no resolution in what seems to be a very simple account to correct, I run some of the largest BPO call centers in the world so I understand in great detail how customer escalations are handled and when both companies are not talking with one another to resolve issues such as this the outcome is unfortunately what my wife and I are dealing with.

Summarizing, my wife previously worked for Qwest in their corporate office (now Centurylink) in Denver.  She had a cell phone through them (303) 517-XXXX, that phone number and account was closed out.  We found out when refinancing our home loan recently that their was a outstanding balance from Verizon that was affecting our her credit score.  She has perfect credit above 800 and we were confused as to what this was.  We found out that an account had been opened up under her name with two phone numbers with the address of the account at the Qwest corporate office (not our home address).

VZW usuage and bill was coming from two other numbers that we are not familiar with account 4713XXXXX - (303) 507-XXXX  and (303) 437-XXXX.  They referred to them as a Level 1 and a Level 2 (sub accounts) - neither company could tell me which was the level 1 and which was the level 2. Again, they couldn't give us numbers because the numbers had been erased.  Below are the details:

VZW sent me to collection for a $395.  The collection company (MCM) has limited information - only the last bill. And VZW has information, but can't see the numbers, only that the accounts were being used and paid for (PLEASE TAKE NOTE AS WELL MY WIFE AND I HAD MOVED TO AFRICA WHEN THESE NUMBERS AND CHARGES WERE HAPPENING).  The numbers that are associated with the collection are:  303.437.XXXX and303.507.XXXX and had a billing address of 1801 California St. and being paid for pretty regularly.  (NOTE THIS IS THE KEY PIECE, THE ACCOUNT ASSOCIATED WITH THESE NUMBERS WAS BEING PAID.  IF YOU DETERMINE WHO WAS MAKING THE PAYMENTS THAT IS WHO THE ACCOUNT BELONGS TO-VERY SIMPLE RESOLUTION).

These numbers were set up August 25, 2008 - account 47132XXXX (303) 507-XXXX  and (303) 437-XXXX.  Below is the information that was relayed to us with payments made on the account.  AGAIN - IF YOU DETERMINE WHO WAS MAKING THE PAYMENTS THAT IS WHO THE ACCOUNT BELONGS TO.  We told that several times to many departments within Verizon and MCM.

September 2008 - no payment
October 2008 - payment made $228
November 2008 - payment made $353.23
December 2008 - no payment
January 2009 - payment $267.34
Feb 2009 - Nov. 2009 - consistent payments made $120.14
Dec 2009 - no payment
Jan. 2010 - April 2010 - no payment
April 2010 - VZW stops service

Simply what we believed happened is either someone at Qwest (now centurylink) accidentally set this up under her name or someone fraudulently set this up under her name.  To me it doesn't make sense given the high dollar amounts they were paying consistently on the account that it was fraudulently set up.

Your companies are unfortunately putting me in a very undesirable position given the exposure I've had to how customers can use various media and social channels to bring to light issues such as this - especially given the things this is not allowing us to do with our house refinance and the stress it is putting on my wife.  I'm demanding that this account be extensively researched and then deleted from all credit reporting agencies.  My request is very simple, please assign someone from each company to look - and work together - into this extensively and resolve this issue.

If I do not hear from you and significant progress is made by Friday September 28th I will proceed with ensuring that is resolved through the appropriate channels as we feel we are being held hostage by this issue.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Executive Escalation - Verizon and Midland Credit Managment
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good evening,

I am truly sorry for the difficulties this has caused you and your family as well as my sincerest apologies for my delayed response due to our volume. As Jim mentioned this forum is mainly driven by Customer to Customer assistance, but I definitely want to help ensure I get you in the right direction.

As this account has been sent to a collections agency I would strongly recommend contacting our Recovery Department at 800-852-1922. They're available Monday through Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm.

Thank you,

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes