Exactly when is the contract completed?
Daet

I have looked all over the Verizon site and in the forum without success. Can I cancel one of my lines on its contract end date or do I have wait until the next day? Is my obligation under the contract fulfilled at 12:01 am on the contract end day or the following or does it begin 24 hours later. Another was of asking I guess would be do I have to wait until the end of the contract end date before porting a number without getting hit with an early termination fee?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Exactly when is the contract completed?
rcschnoor
Legend

To be on the safe side, I see no reason not to wait until the next day. It is very doubtful your bill closing date is the same as your contract end date, so you will have already paid for several days after your contract end date. No need to risk an ETF when you have already paid for service. Verizon does not offer refunds when leaving during your billing cycle for service you have alread paid.

0 Likes
Re: Exactly when is the contract completed?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Daet, We would be heartbroken to see you go! Thank you to the community for offering the correct information. I can also confirm that there will be no early termination fee if cancelled on or after the contract end date. May I ask why are you looking to stop your service? I would love the opportunity to discuss your concerns and help you stay.

Yale_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes