Everytime I get an email, I get a text message from Verizon
ProudPapa32

I posted this in the Apple forum. I think it may go here instead, maybe? Anyway ...I had the Droid 4, but decided I wanted the Iphone, so i switched yesterday. Once activated, within minutes, i started getting a text message from the number 625-0. The text message always says VZWNMN:1 It's always the same text message, from the same number. When it started, I hadn't had any new apps or email accounts set up on my Iphone. I have read stuff about this via google. The majority says its something to do with the mail set up on my phone. It started before i set my email accounts up. However, I did have my accounts set up on my Droid 4 that i returned. I had done a factory reset before turning that phone in though, so they should have been deleted. Now every time I get an email I get that text. I have unlimited texting, so the pricing isn't an issue. I don't like receiving random texts though. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have replied to the text with "stop, unsubscribe, delete, ..." and various others that one would normally use.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Everytime I get an email, I get a text message from Verizon
bigtitan
Contributor - Level 2

I was one of the folks saing its on your email side but this explanation is a lot better and now I agree its obviously not your email thats the issue...

try this

1.  Login to your Verizon account.

2.  Click on “Account” at the top and then “Change Features” from the bottom right.

3.  Select the device you would like to remove the service from.

4.  Then scroll down until you find “Contact Management” and click “Remove

0 Likes
ProudPapa32

Hmmm, i'm having trouble finding contact management

0 Likes
bigtitan
Contributor - Level 2

yeah I wasn't actually sure if it would work but it was worth a shot...I know that worked for some Dinc2 owners before.  Another "temporary" option would be to blacklist the address if your sms app has that capability...

Have you called VZW for assistance?

0 Likes