Naldo08

Hello everyone,

So heres the deal me and my girlfriend have had a 2 line acct at verizon in her name for a yr. Now I recently started working sales at sprint and I am now eligible for my employee discount which is of course great. My question is if I port my number over which will of course terminate my contract and cause a ETF, is there a sort of payment plan for my girlfriend where we wont have to pay it all up front . Just to be clear im asking if anyone has hear of an acct being able to be able to go from two line to one and sort of put that ETF on a payment plan?

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Likes
Re: Etf
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Smartphone ETF is $350 minus $10 per month of the contract term completed.

Basic phone ETF is $175 minus $5 per month of the contract term completed.

This is based on the device purchased at the time the contract was started.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

No, the full ETF is due upon receipt.

0 Likes
deevel79
Enthusiast - Level 2

Its my understanding that the smartphone etf is $350 minus $20/month and $10/month for every month remaining on the contract.  That's what I was told by a vzw rep when I tried to cancel a line on my acct. 

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Ann154 has the ETF stated correctly.

Check the Customer Agreement:

"If you cancel a line of Service, or if we cancel it for good cause, during its contract term, you'll have to pay an early termination fee. If your contract term results from your purchase of an advanced device, your early termination fee will be $350 minus $10 for each full month of your contract term that you complete. Otherwise, your early termination fee will be $175 minus $5 for each full month of your contract term that you complete. "

0 Likes
deevel79
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok so I have a galaxy s3 and the contract end date is febuary 14th.  How much will the etf be?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

If it is February 14, 2014 the ETF will be $160 currently. ($350 - (19 months completed x $10/month) = $160) or ($350 - $190 = $160)

If it is February 14, 2015 the ETF will be $280 currently. ($350 - (7 months completed x $10/month) = $280) or ($350 - $70 = $280)

Can you not count the number of months you have completed of your contract?

0 Likes
deevel79
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well when you're telling me one thing and vzw reps are telling me another it can get quite confusing.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Although the customer agreement is pretty straightforward.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Deevel79, we don't want you to be confused. Rschnoor is giving you information based on the general information you have provided. Customer service can actually see your account to see the exact dates and the amount of the ETF. The charge will show on one bill. If your girlfriend is unable to pay it by the due date she can make payment arrangements with financial service 866-266-1445, but there will be a late fee if paid after the due date.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes