Error message with mobile web
Genyliz73

For some reason when I try to access Facebook on the mobile web from my phone, I get an error message saying: "Sercurity Error: Untrusted Server Certificate".  My mobile web worked fine earlier this morning accessing facebook...but for some reason it is not working.  I have a Samsung Alias SCH-u740.  Has anyone else experienced this problem? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Error message with mobile web
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Genyliz73 wrote:

For some reason when I try to access Facebook on the mobile web from my phone, I get an error message saying: "Sercurity Error: Untrusted Server Certificate".  My mobile web worked fine earlier this morning accessing facebook...but for some reason it is not working.  I have a Samsung Alias SCH-u740.  Has anyone else experienced this problem? 

Try turning your phone off and take battery out.Put it back in.See if you can access the site again. You can try the facebook mobile site instead, which is: m.facebook.com/

0 Likes
CincyJohn

Same for me with my VX9100. Just like Google a few months back. Looks like FB changed their root certificate and VZW is not with the program.

0 Likes
MikeKrak

I am having the same problem.  my connection to facebook via mobile web was working fine and then it just started showing the 'untrusted server' message.

it doesn't matter if I go to facebook.com, or their mobile site at m.facebook.com.  Has anyone found any fixes yet?  As I don't have an full internet connection from my env2, i onlyuse mobile web.  could this be the start of verizon trying to make people go with the full internet plan, adding close to $30 per month to their bill???  I hope not. 

If there's any fixes, please let me know.

0 Likes
Dazedchix

Well this just suckies... I've had this problem for over a month now, but it seems permanent this time. Will not let me on at all. Boo. I have tried gettting help from Tech twice now but all I get is hung up on. Please can we solve this issue?

0 Likes
misha75

This has been happening to me for 3 days now.  If anyone has a solution (and no the battery thing does not work) or who we should contact, can they please post it?

0 Likes
notgonnasay
It's been doing it on my razr (from alltel) for 2 weeks. The only reason I got mobile web was for facebook! I even tried it on a different phone, same thing.
0 Likes