Error After enter my IMEI Code in Bring My Own Devices
jackwang021

I have bought a iphone 7 online in shopping website.

The Phone is new and the ESN is clean(has been checked on several ESN Checking webside).

But after I enter that IMEI on Bring Your Own Phone or Device - BYOD | Verizon Wireless  display the message below.

It appears you would like to activate your recently purchased device.Please sign in to My Verizon to complete your new device activation.

So what that means. I am not an Verizon customs currently. Does the seller by the phone on Verizon. I try too use another carrier(not us carrier) SIM card it works. So what happened to my phone. Is that means I cannot use Verizon Wireless Service? The IMEI Check seems passed on ATT and others carriers.

Thanks for reading my Question

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Error After enter my IMEI Code in Bring My Own Devices
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would love to see you use this awesome device on the best network! Are you looking to start a Prepaid line or Postpaid service? It may be best to consult with our Sales Team at 888-924-7937 to review activation options.

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would love to see you use this awesome device on the best network! Are you looking to start a Prepaid line or Postpaid service? It may be best to consult with our Sales Team at 888-924-7937 to review activation options.

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jackwang021

I am not decide yet. But my first choose is Postpaid. But I cannot pass the imei Check. So I need to Dial that number?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which phone model of the iPhone 7 did you get? It seems the AT&T and T-Mobile models don't support the CDMA network used by Verizon Wireless. iPhone 7 - Technical Specifications - Apple

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

mama23dogs
Legend

The phone must be model A1660/1661 to work on Verizon.

0 Likes
jackwang021

It A1660 model. I got the phone from 3rd-part online shopping website. Maybe the seller get the phone from Verizon. So when I type the iemi to Verizon system. The system stop me from creating new Verizon account because it want me to activate with the account that bought the phone. I I have call the sales department they said that my imei do not link to any wireless plan. They said they can help me thought phone call and sit up the new plan and account. That means I cannot do it my self. I understand that message from sales as I can use this phone whith the network.

But I have another question can I use my old phone to pass by the imei check and after I received the SIM card. I use my new phone to activate the plan. It that an possible option(Does the imei taped on byod must be the same that I want to activited). Will it cause any trouble?

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

jackwang021 wrote:

But I have another question can I use my old phone to pass by the imei check and after I received the SIM card. I use my new phone to activate the plan. It that an possible option(Does the imei taped on byod must be the same that I want to activited). Will it cause any trouble?

Almost Bingo.  Use another phone with a nano SIM to activate the account, then put the nano SIM in the iPhone 7

jackwang021

Is that means when I received SIM card I need to put it in to my old phone to activate rather than my new phone if I type old phone imei on BYOD page? Will it cause that SIM card lock to the imei of my old device?

So I cannot just put it in my new phone when I received SIM?

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

SIM won't lock to device.   I am giving you an alternate way that works and bypasses the need to type the imei on the wbe page, but still gets the device registered through automatic means with SIM swap. 

mama23dogs
Legend

I have a bad feeling.  Just my suspicious nature, but if thenphone was purchased, never activated, then sold a second hand, I'm wondering if the phone was stolen off a porch somewhere.

Hope I'm wrong. 

Activatimg with your own SIM, removing the existing one is a good idea.

0 Likes