Endless Issues and inconvenience while ordering a New iPhone
anysh

05/22/2014

I had ordered a new Verizon Wireless iPhone 5c 16GB White with "1GB Unlimited Talk and Text Plan - $60 a month 2yr contract" on the internet. (Removed)

I had given the authorization for charging my credit card but it was not charged as they needed to perform a credit check.

On the following day, I provided with my passport copy and my social security copy.

05/29/2014

For the next 7 days I did not get any communication from Verizon. So, I decided to check up with the Customer Care Department. And, found out that they have not processes the order yet as they needed a Visa copy as well. (I wonder why didn't anybody mailed/texted me regarding this all this time)

I asked the Customer Care, that since the order is not processed. I would like to change my order to iPhone 5s 16GB Silver. They agreed and said that we are attaching a note and this will be done.

I provided the Visa Copy and called the Customer Care again. They confirmed the receipt of my Visa copy. I asked them to confirm the order as I had requested for a change of device. They said "it says an iPhone 5s 16GB Silver".

Later in the evening, I got an email saying that your iPhone 5c 16GB White has been shipped (Whereas I was confirmed that it was changed to iPhone 5s 16GB Silver).

I was charged  $106.99 on my card account

Order Number: 1298101

Order Location: 1434901

05/30/2014

On the following day, I called up the customer care again and asked them whether it was just the email or you have actually shipped an iPhone 5c. And, they said, an iPhone 5c has been shipped to you. Then I told them how I was confirmed that it was changed and I no longer wanted an iPhone 5c.

They said they understand and apologize. They asked me to refuse the shipment and have it sent back. And, call us again so that we can ship the correct one.

When the FedEx guy arrived, I did just that. I refused. And, called the customer care.

Now one needs to understand every time I am calling the customer care I have to explain the whole case again. (Can't you maintain notes from the last conversation tagged to an order?)

So, the real problem now starts. Customer care tells me that she can only restock and upgrade for which you will have to pay a restocking fee of $35 for now along with the iPhone 5s cost. But you can get it refunded later once you receive the phone (as a credit in your account). I clearly told her that please make sure that I get an iPhone 5s 16GB Silver. And, she confirmed. She said you will have to make a fresh payment for now.

I was charged $248.99  on my account

She also told me that once your returned shipment reaches us, we will refund your $106.99 to the same card.

After disconnecting, I realized that in the last 7 days, the iPhone 5s prices have been slashed by $100. So, the new order should still be of the lesser price ($106.99) but not 248.99

Then, I got an email saying that an order has been placed for an iPhone 5s 32 GB Silver (I had just now requested and confirmed that iPhone 5s 16GB Silver be shipped to me).

Order Number: (Removed)

Order Location: (Removed)

All this happened in less than 5 minutes. Now I called the Customer Care again. Explained my whole story to a new representative. She asked me to hold and hung up. I called up again, and explained the whole story once more. This call lasted over 45 minutes.

So, now I am told that my order has been cancelled. And, she has initiated a case to take care of this whole thing with getting refunds and getting the right order. I asked her to confirm that this will be taken care of and the 32GB iPhone 5s would not ship like the 16GB iPhone 5c did. I asked her to give her word. She said yes, the order is cancelled. Once the cancellation is complete, the money would flow back (as in a credit balance) and then they would create a fresh order. for iPhone 5s 16GB Silver.

I asked her how I would know, will I get any notifications. She said you will know when the new order will be places and shipped.

I am relieved. Later in the evening, when I return from work, I get a mail saying that your iPhone 5s 32GB Silver has been shipped (This order was supposedly cancelled)

I am sorry to say that Verizon's Customer Care staff is ill informed about their own system and make incorrect statements based on their know-how of the system.

Cutting the crap short:

1. I ordered iPhone 5c 16 GB White. I changed it to iPhone 5s 16 GB Silver before the order was processed. Paid $106.99.

2. I still received an iPhone 5c 16GB White. I returned the parcel with FedEx (Declined).

3. I called up to cancel what has been delivered and order iPhone 5s 16 GB Silver (New price is slashed by $100).

4. Paid $248.99 (including a $35 Restocking Fee to be refunded later) and got a mail saying that iPhone 5s 32GB Silver (and not 16GB) has been ordered.

5. I immediately called up to cancel once again. Was assured that the order has been cancelled. And, I will get the new order with iPhone 5s 16GB Silver and due refunds.

6. I get a mail that iPhone 5s 32 GB Silver has been shipped. (I have been asking for an iPhone 5s 16GB Silver)

Now, I have paid $106.99 + $248.99 = $355.98. I still do not have a phone. And, I know a model (iPhone 5s 32GB) that I NEVER ordered is on the way.

Can someone take this up seriously? Refund me $248.99 and make sure I get an iPhone 5s 16GB Silver?

I have been through enough trauma explaining my case to at least 12 different customer care and order department representatives. And, I am still far off from getting the product and service promised.

I have no energy and patience left to explain to customer care again and again. Please ensure that this is followed up properly.

You already have my mail id and contact number. Feel free to get in touch.

Thanks,

Aneesh (Removed)

Private info removed as required by the

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Endless Issues and inconvenience while ordering a New iPhone
Not applicable

You actually caused this whole mess with constant order changes.

You could have walked into a verizon store and this would have taken 30 minutes to process your phone and service.

There is no restocking fee for a device never opened or accepted.

Calk your credit card company and have them do a charge back on the full amounts. The credit card company will do this for you after you tell them the whole story.

Then go into the Verizon store and buy the phone in person.

Good Luck

anysh

I changed the order only once. That too only after they said this was very much possible.

Only after that I provided the required documents to be processed. Had I known, they are going to mess up like this, I would have never bought it online.

Anyways, the credit card co. has already paid Verizon. And, I do not want to get into a mess with them.

0 Likes
Not applicable

You originally wanted the iPhone 5c (first phone) you then wanted to change to iPhone 5s (second phone) you then received the iPhone and refused it. Your phone choice again was changed from 16 GB to 32 GB ( third change ) although this one was not your request but is part of the issue.  You should have went to the store to purchase.

You cannot be in any worse shape via doing a charge back with the credit card company. You will have your money back and you can go into a verizon store and get the device you want, color you want and with the space (GB) you want.

Good Luck

0 Likes
anysh

I think I have very clearly mentioned. Stop being uselessly judgemental.

I ordered 5c on the internet. And, the order was not approved as I was yet provide documentation for credit check.

When I found that it is not yet processed, I asked the customer care if I can change the order as it is not yet complete And, they confirmed "yes, sure .. u can". Only, then I asked them to change it to 5s.

This is the only change I made. The order was then attached with a note that customer has requested for a 5s 16gb silver.

But when the order actually got processed, this note was overlooked and the original order shipped.

Now, I never asked for 5s 32gb. I was advised by Verizon to refuse the delivery and order a new phone by calling tele-sales. I did just that. It would be on records that during the call I said multiple times that I want to order (upgrade to) iPhone 5s 16gb silver.

But somehow, the sales rep. ordered a 32gb. I realized this only after I got a shipment tracking mail.

So, now I called again to cancel it.

I made only one change and that too after being advised that it is totally possible to change the order. As during the 7 day period I had realized that 5s prices have been slashed. For the whole week (22 to 29), my order was is suspension.

Had I cancelled the order by not providing the documents and ordered a new phone. There would not have been any glitch. But only because I asked to change the existing order, I invited trouble. As that change was never made as promised.

0 Likes
anysh

I just spoke to the customer care. I think they have understood the situation now.

And, they will handle it from here on.

I also asked the  BoA rep. to cancel the credit card payment as you told me, they warned me that it will be a long cumbersome process. And, you will have to verify with proof from Veizon that the purchase was not made.

I just want to get the phone for now. I can wait for the refund to come in even after some days or weeks. That is not my priority. Am pretty sure, what is justifiably mine, will not go anywhere.

0 Likes
Not applicable

As long as you are happy is all that matters. Bank of America is giving you a line

They know federal regulations compels them to issue an immediate credit while you provide your dispute however they can remove that credit if they find Verizon's story more credible.

Glad it worked out.

attisbetter
Enthusiast - Level 2

WRONG I have tried the stores over the years - guaranteed to be a nightmare, won't honor promotions, promise the world and don't deliver.  Tried on line too and its just as bad.  ME, Family and Hubby's business are bailing to ATT and letting everyone else know all the deals they will give you and deliver on if you walk from VERIZON - GO TO ATT

0 Likes
Not applicable

What are you talking about? Please refresh my memory.

Thank You

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you have had some bad experiences with us isbetter. We don't want you to leave because we now that we cn help with any concerns you're having. How can I help give you a better experience?

KinquanaH_VZW
follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes