Empty box received from Verizon via FedEx
alrillo

On March 16, 2015 I ordered an upgrade to my cell phone. The new phone was sent via FedEx and was delivered on 3/20. Upon opening the package, there was no cell phone in the box. The box had appeared sealed and we had no reason to suspect any it might be empty.  Checking on the internet I found out that this has happened to a lot of others. If you google “Verizon empty box delivery” you will see that this has happened many times to other people. I am beginning to believe that either Verizon or FedEx is running a scam to steal phones at the customers expense.

We immediately contacted FedEx and Verizon and informed them of the mission phone. When you call them you get a different customer service representative (CSR) every time you call. Both FedEx assured they would investigate the missing phone. After repeated calls to FedEx and Verizon , we were assured there would be an investigation and they would call me. The last Verizon CSR I talked to said the investigation would take 2 weeks. I waited the 2 weeks and heard nothing from them. It seems I am getting the run around by both FedEx and Verizon. The CSR’s that come on the line when we call is always a different one, if fact they are located in different parts of the country. We never get to talk to anyone in authority that might be able to resolve this issue.

To add insult to injury, Verizon has informed me that they will be charging me $299 for not returning the old phone the stolen one was to replace.

Can anyone help me?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Empty box received from Verizon via FedEx
b_stewart78
Enthusiast - Level 1

I Am in the same boat as you! Completely disgusted with verizon! I am getting ready to cancel everything including all of our business lines for the company with them! Not the first time I have had issues and their customer service is the worst!!! I am so pissed they sent me an empty box that said it weighted 2lbs and obviously it didn't all it had was bubble wrap and activation instructions.  Now they expect me to get a refund from fed ex. Well let me start with the completely rude people I talked to at verizon who were absolutely no help at all. Not one but 6 different people. The last person told me it wasn't their fault and they would not credit my account.  Well now I have a claim with fed ex so we will see but I am telling everyone about my experience and will not pay for the phone they charged to my bill I will see them in court.