Edge program question
LeonGehste

I'm debating on the Edge program since i do like to get the latest device, and my question is this, I'm under my grandmothers phone service and I am 1 year into my phones current contract about a month or two ago she asked if i wanted to go onto on my own meaning just me on the bill and everything, what i'd like to know is if I do go onto my own am i able to get onto the Edge program even though I'm still in a 2 yr contract with my old one.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Edge program question
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LeonGehste,

I too like to have the latest and greatest in devices. As you are currently still under contract you would not be able to sign up for the Edge agreement until you are eligible to upgrade. As for signing up for your own account you can do an assumption of liability which will allow you to transfer you line over to your own personal account. This will prevent any fees such as early termination fees. http://vz.to/SFbr0r

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Patience_Gone
Contributor - Level 3

If you leave now your grandmother will be charged the ETF and then you will need to qualify for your own account and the Edge program based on your credit. 

Another option is to see if you qualify for the early Edge up promotion.  If you do than you can get an Edge device now and stay on your current agreement.  Then get your own line when your contact is up in a year.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Use the Assumption of Liability process to transfer your line to its own account. You might have to be under a one year contract because you are currently under a contract now.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LeonGehste,

I too like to have the latest and greatest in devices. As you are currently still under contract you would not be able to sign up for the Edge agreement until you are eligible to upgrade. As for signing up for your own account you can do an assumption of liability which will allow you to transfer you line over to your own personal account. This will prevent any fees such as early termination fees. http://vz.to/SFbr0r

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
LeonGehste

Thanks for answering, so now i have to wait then, oh well.

0 Likes