Edge Upgrade Return Shipping Label
KeroseneAngel
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Edge Upgrade Monster Strikes Again: Another Return Shipping Label Missing!!

I have seen a LOT of discussions about this issue. I too am a victim of this blunder. And like many others, I do not have access to a printer. However, my Account does list my old phone as an option for printing. But since I just recieved my phone, I would rather just have the correct label sent to me.

I'm just wondering the best way to go about this? Has anyone actually received the correct label & successfully returned a device fee free?? What is the best option?

Should I go ahead & make the call, cross my fingers & wait? Take the chance that it arrive in time & be the correct label?

Or go irritate some unsuspecting neighbor by asking to use their printer? And take the chance my old device be received & registered without a hitch?

Labels (1)
Re: Edge Upgrade Return Shipping Label
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get rid of this monster, KeroseneAngel.
I will send you a private message in order to get the label shipped directly to you.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

Jlkaufma
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also did not receive a label.  This is beyond ridiculous that so many people are having this problem and there is no way to print it on my Verizon.  I can only reprint a label to return the Iphone 6 which is the new device when I am suppose to return the old device.  Of course I call customer service and get someone with an attitude who says they will mail one out but has no idea how long it will take.  Completely unacceptable when we only have 14 days to return the device and it is Verizon's fault the label wasn't sent the first time.  Could be a lot easier but I guess I get to hold my breath too and see if it ever arrives.

KeroseneAngel
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree. One little piece of paper causing so much trouble is pretty ridiculous. And a simple packing error affecting so many people is really uncalled for. Seriously, there should not be 20+ Discussion Threads about a missing sticker! From what I've read, a lot of people are not able to print the correct Label. Which seems like it should be an easy My Verizon site/tech fix... Couldn't they just change the Return Label options to only print a blank, universal shipping label that the customer can fill out??

As far as Customer Service goes, I've never really had a "bad" experience. I vaguely remember getting pretty irritated with a mouthy Rep once, but that was at least 8+ years ago. Occasionally I will get the mildly-unenthused, monotone-speaking Rep, but usually they are professionally pleasant & helpful. This is the first time I've ever had a shipping/receiving issue & the Rep I talked to today was like that. She quickly dealt with the issue & let me know I would receive a Shipping Label in 5-10 days.

Now normally, a 5-10 day ship time would be no big deal. But in a situation with a 14 day return deadline, it's a nightmare with no room for error. I really think Verizon should waive any late fees and/or charges for those in this situation. If a customer is not at fault & the device doesn't make the deadline, they shouldn't be penalized for circumstances beyond of their control.

edwards_tea

It is possible to message me to get me one out too! It is pretty ridiculous that there is not one included in the box and to make matters worse, the order is not even in my history to even print. My thought is 9 times out of 10, the customer is going to return their edge device, so why wouldnt VZW just include the receipt in the box. It is really frustrating and this is the second time this has happened within a week. Not cool.

0 Likes
rjh33
Enthusiast - Level 1

There seems to be a serious disconnect with regard to returning old phones under the Early Edge program.  My local Verizon store was out of the Iphone6 model that I wanted and they told me that my local Apple store could do the Early Edge, including returning the old phone.  To make a long story short, the Apple store was able to process the new Edge agreement, but refused to take back the old phone.  A Verizon customer service manager (named Pam), then told me that my local corporate Verizon store would take back the old phone.  ALSO NOT TRUE.  A very helpful rep in the Verizon store did call customer service, waited on hold for about 5 minutes, and then asked them to generate a mailing label for me. 

Is there a way to print the mailing label from home?  I found the link for returning the NEW iphone, but I need to return the OLD Motorola phone.  The old phone doesn't show up anywhere on my account.  If there is no way to print at home, can my local Verizon store print a label? Also, I've seen references to an address in Texas and a different one in Tennessee.  Based on this forum, I don't have a lot of faith that the mailing label will get to me in a timely fashion.  Thanks for your help.

redbluff1969
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem!  No return label provided when I received my new device and when I followed the instructions online to print the label, nothing happened. Even after clearing the cache, changing pop up settings, etc. Online chat support could not help and phone support said they would mail me a label.  I am waiting on that. Hopefully it will actually arrive this time. For a company that claims to be so advanced, you would think they could resolve this label issue. There are hundreds and hundreds of complaints on this forum regarding printing of a return label and/or not receiving a label. It's laughable because by the time Verizon wastes all this postage on SNAIL MAILING it's customers a pre-paid label, they could have saved so much by fixing the website and/or just emailing their customers a new label.

Get with the program Verizon!

wulfy706

What are the specific return instructions? Does anything else need to go in the package when I send my phone off such as a note or some explanation of who's it is?

0 Likes
Special_Ed_61

Hi. I received an iPhone 6 Plus on the early heads up great program. And I was instructed to return my iPhone 5s but I received no return label. When I go to my account there is no option to print a return label for the iPhone 5s. Can you help me? Ty!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Special.Ed.61

I want to make sure we help you get this shipping label printed.  I have sent you a private message to better assist.

YareliM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes