Edge Up
bhonolulu
Enthusiast - Level 2

The remarks contained here are really for Customer Service.  During April I "Edged up" and returned my HTC M8 in accordance with Verizon's instructions included with the new phone.  Using the tracking number from USPS I found that the phone had been delivered in Dallas on April 28th.  After approximately two weeks I had not received any thing from Verizon confirming the receipt of the phone and as this concerned me I called customer service.  After several phone calls to customer service  including one where the agent filled out some kind of form (I don't know the name of the form) to trace the receipt of the phone which according to the a another customer service agent actually confirmed the receipt of the phone and everything was in order and there was nothing to worry about.  However, my latest bill included a charge for the phone as if it was never returned.  I again called customer service who looked at the previous notes on my account and explained that It takes one billing cycle for the credit to show up and it should show up on my next bill.  This agent also contacted Financial Services to place a "hold" on the amount and again told me not to worry about it.

So at this point I thought everything has been taken care of and there was no need to worry about it.  However, I received a text message from Financial Services the next morning asking me to call about the account.  Now I don't know if Verizon Financial Services (aka collection agent) is actually part of Verizon or a contracted agent.  I only mention this because this agent said the reason for call was that they had the wrong tracking number for the returned device.  How can this be when all the previous phone calls to customer service confirmed that the phone had actually been returned and this is clearly indicated in the notes on my account.  I must also say that all the agents I have had contact with up to this point were friendly and helpful versus the Financial Services agent who was curt if not somewhat professional.

I actually thought this situation had actually been resolved but now with this last contact with Financial Services I have my doubts.  To say the least, for the first time after years of being a customer, I am truly disappointed in Verizon's Customer Service or maybe I should say Verizon as Customer Service is only a small part of the issue .  I can now only hope that soon this is going to be resolved to everyone's satisfaction before someone at Verizon decides to suspend my service or something worse through no fault of mine.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Edge Up
bhonolulu
Enthusiast - Level 2

Good news the credit for my returned phone has finally been posted to my account.  It appears that the problem was related to my replacement phone provided by Assurion when I lost my original phone.  Verizon was for some reason or another still looking for the hardware number connected with my original device.  I don't really know what the last customer service agent I talked to did but it worked. 

I also must say again that all of the customer agents I have talked over the past couple of months were friendly and at least trying to resolve the problem.  I actually don't remember the name of the last customer service agent that finally resolved the problem (but I'm sure if anyone is reading this with access to the notes on my account they can find out) and restored my faith in Verizon.  Thank you again for your help!!!!!!!!!

0 replies

0 Likes