Re: Edge Up return fiasco
rcschnoor
Legend

ewing999 wrote:

There's the problem. The only proof I would have is the tracking number. I have never had an issue with shipping or receiving things through USPS, UPS, or Fedex so I was lax in keeping track of the tracking number and now don't have it. I have a distinct feeling that will become a hard learned $300 mistake in n my part. It just shows you should never trust in any business to do what's right and keep customer loyalty.

The tracking number along with the tracking history from the shipping carrier's website should be enough.

This is an item which Verizon paid for the shipping. If you can show Verizon's shipping carrier of choice actually received the item from you, as indicated in the tracking history associated with that tracking number, THAT is enough to win your case in small claims court. If the tracking history ALSO shows that it was in fact received at the destination, even MORE ammunition in your case. I see absolutely no reason you would not win this case in small claims court.

Verizon MAY have a case with their shipping carrier, but not with you.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
ewing999
Enthusiast - Level 3

How can I go about obtaining the tracking number? I'm sure Verizon has record of it but I don't for see them freely giving it to me.

0 Likes
abpst11
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you keep calling customer service someone will give it to you. They

gave me the tracking number on the first call. Just ask for it.

Unfortunately, even with the package confirmed at the fort worth warehouse,

they are not crediting my account for the charge.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

I thought you said you "had" the tracking number. This is why it is important to keep a copy of the shipping label whenever you ship an item of such value.

I do not know how you can obtain the tracking number. Possibly by calling CS. Did you have a link where you were able to print out the shipping label? Maybe going to that link again to reprint the shipping label would give you a copy of the tracking number.

Good luck.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

abpst11 wrote:

Unfortunately, even with the package confirmed at the fort worth warehouse,

they are not crediting my account for the charge.

Which is why you would possibly go to small claims court.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
ewing999
Enthusiast - Level 3

The label was sent along with the new phone. I will try to call cs. But I'm not holding my breath.

0 Likes
kellekat
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm not sure how much the tracking number would help.  I have mine and they acknowledge that my device was received at Fort Worth on December 19 but they say they can't find it and billed me $500 for a non-returned device.  It's ludicrous but it's happening!  I've been calling and having my local We Are Wireless store call on my behalf for months.  They keep promising to fix this but never do.  I stopped paying my bill until they resolve this.  Yesterday I was told it would be another 30 days before I'm credited.  I don't believe it.

0 Likes
abpst11
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm in the exact same boat. I'm sure they lost it at this point but aren't

admitting it. They just keep saying to wait until it gets processed.

they'll be singing the same tune a year from now and i'll still have the

charge on my account. I don't know how they can justify these charges.

It's not the customers fault that Verizon has lost it.

On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 9:41 AM, kellekat <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

There's definitely a way to obtain a tracking number ewing999! We know how important it is to have this information, so you certainly have access to it. You can view it in My Verizon, as long as this is a recent order. It's in Order History.
*Log in as the account owner, select (plus sign) in the "I want to.." section at the top.
*Click View Order History. Orders shipped within the last 150 days display, unless there was a label previously generated for this entry. This will display order information, including tracking number.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
ewing999
Enthusiast - Level 3

That gives me the tracking number of what was sent to me not the number that was on the label inside the box provided by Verizon to ship my returned device to Texas.

0 Likes