Re: Edge Up return fiasco
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ewing999, we don't want this to be a problem for you too! Did you use the shipping label that we provided you with? Did you ship the device back via Fedex or USPS?

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ewing999
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, I used the provided label and it was FedEx. I have never had problems like this before and didn't put the tracking number in a safe place and lost track of it. The charge is supposed to be paid on my next billing cycle. If I have to pay it I will cancel all 3 of my lines and move to another carrier.

kellekat
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same issue.  I returned my 5S in December.  I have the tracking slip showing that it was received in Ft. Worth on December 19.  They can't find it at the warehouse and have billed me for "non-return of the device".  I've been on the phone for hours over the past two months but they won't credit my bill.  My local "We Are Wireless" store has called twice on my behalf and Customer Support always promises that my credit will be applied within 3-5 business days but it never happens.  I just called again today and was told I need to give the warehouse another 30 days to resolve the problem.  They're just stringing me along.

abpst11
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, I printed the return label provided by Verizon. It was sips.

On Thursday, February 12, 2015, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ewing999, thanks for clarifying. Did we submit an investigation to our warehouse to verify if the device was recieved? Once an investigation is submitted, it generally takes 3-5 business days for our warehouse to verify if the device was checked in.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
abpst11
Enthusiast - Level 3

Update:  I thought i was getting somewhere but was told i still need to wait for the phone to be processed.  It's been over 2 months.  The charge on my account is due in 11 days.  Delivery at the Fort Worth location has been confirmed by USPS and Verizon themselves, but nobody can seem to remove the charge?  Why is Verizon treating me as if it's still my problem?  The phone is in their hands(has been for 2 months)!!

ewing999
Enthusiast - Level 3

As far as I know there has not been an investigation in the warehouse for my device. It seems pretty apparent from this thread that this is not an uncommon problem with Verizon.

0 Likes
daveo1776

I had the same problem. I wrote an email to a Verizon VP which I had looked up on a search online.  They got back with me in about two days and resolved my problems and gave me credit for my two phones. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ewing999

I would be concerned as well if my phone went missing. When sending defective devices pack to our warehouse we provided shipping labels for USPS. If the device was returned incorrectly it does take longer to route back to our warehouse.  Let's investigate this further.  I will reach out in a private message to further assist.

YareliM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ewing999
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well I've been attempting to follow and be followed so I can private message. All I know is I won't be strung along. When my next bill is due  and it still has that charge on it I will become AT&T's customer.

0 Likes