Re: Edge Up return fiasco
Loquat
Master - Level 1

What all that I've read over the past several months...this EDGE up return process is a complete and utter nightmare...and it scares me a bit because I plan to EDGE up....

0 Likes
ewing999
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you have to mail in your device don't do it! If you can go to a store and exchange it on the spot your handing it directly to Verizon and don't need to worry about it. Again, if you need to send it to them avoid it at all costs!

0 Likes
abpst11
Enthusiast - Level 3

I hear you.  I feel like i'll be forced to do the same thing.  If one more person tells me to wait while they search for it, that's what i'll do.  Verizon should drop the charge for these phones.  They have them in their possession.  Never again......

ewing999
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't know much about class action lawsuits but maybe there's one to be had here.

rcschnoor
Legend

Possibly you should read the following article.

Why you can't sue your wireless carrier in a class action - CNET

0 Likes
ewing999
Enthusiast - Level 3

After a quick search it seems all the major carriers slipped language into the service agreements that you can't participate in class action suits against them. You must do an arbitration presided over by someone impartial within Verizon "like they will side with the consumer" or go through small claims court on your own.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

While this may not sound good, in small claims court you will not only get your money SOONER than a class action, but you will get the FULL amount of your claim instead of at most 2/3's of your claim after the lawyers take their cut out of your class action award.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
ewing999
Enthusiast - Level 3

rcschnoor, do you work for Verizon? I see you have lots of insight in many posts on here.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

No I do not, however I like to keep up to date on the services for which I pay, Verizon being one of them.

Additionally, being successful in multiple small claims suits in the past against many businesses, although I have not needed to do so with Verizon, I would certainly recommend this way to settle disputes. As long as you have the proof needed and you have a good case, you WILL win. Problem is MANY people overestimate their case and/or their proof.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
ewing999
Enthusiast - Level 3

There's the problem. The only proof I would have is the tracking number. I have never had an issue with shipping or receiving things through USPS, UPS, or Fedex so I was lax in keeping track of the tracking number and now don't have it. I have a distinct feeling that will become a hard learned $300 mistake in n my part. It just shows you should never trust in any business to do what's right and keep customer loyalty.

0 Likes