Edge-Up Returns Not Received-Charged!
varamseymartin27048

On June the 2nd I upgraded 3 of my lines on the Verizon Edge program. We received our new phones in the mail on June 4th along with shipping instructions for the return of our old phones. I took time that Sunday to reset each phone & get them ready to be mailed out on Monday. I sent these 3 phones back in the prepaid red & white envelope that Verizon sent me on June 8th. When I received my bill this month I noticed there was a $1007 charge on my bill for these 3 phones. I'm not sure about everyone else but I don't have $1007 extra to pay for phones that I don't have PLUS the extra I'm paying every month for these new phones. We had upgraded one of our lines back in March/April ... Same scenario, I sent the old phone back ... no problem. Now this! I called & spoke to a lady regarding the issue & she asked me if I had the tracking information ... I knew I did but I had to get home to get it. I've turned my house upside down to find the paperwork & I can't locate it anywhere.  What do I do? I can't pay $1007 in equipment charges. I'm not the only person with this issue ... I've talked to multiple people who have returned their phones & they have not been checked in @ the warehouse, tracking # was never scanned just on & on of different things going on. It appears Verizon did not plan accordingly when they released this new system with the Early Edge. I'm beginning to wonder if I should have just went with Straight Talk pre paid & not fooled with Verizon anymore. UGH - Someone please help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Edge-Up Returns Not Received-Charged!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having that large unexpected charge with your account would be surprising for anyone varamseymartin27048. I know I certainly wouldn't have that kind of money available for phones either. When you had contacted us before, were they able to locate the return tracking number from the original order? That should have been the same tracking number that was used when you returned the phones. Did we also open a returns investigation on the devices for you?

NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
varamseymartin27048

When I called the first time I didn't have any tracking information with me at that time. The lady I spoke with told me to get that & call back. She didn't offer to open any type of "ticket" for me. Like I said I've turned my house upside down looking for this paperwork, it's all together in the Verizon envelope that they sent me with the phones I just can't locate it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello varamseymartin27048,

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't found the tracking information yet! We do need tracking info before a ticket can be opened, but it's possible it is listed on the account. I am sorry that the rep you spoke with wasn't more clear about what could be done to investigate this. I have sent you a Direct Message, and would be happy to look into this more closely if you'd like.

MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Reason #3467 I conduct all of my business in a local corporate store. It is not your fault and I am not blaming you but when you do something like this in the store, the store employee takes the phone to returned and processes it directly in the system and you get a receipt. The only thing I do through the mail is warranty exchanges and that is because that is the only way. I still go to the store to have it processed. I certainly hope that the red and white envelope that you are speaking of wasn't the Hopeline envelope. This is a charity that VZW works with. These envelopes do not have tracking numbers and the devices sent in these envelopes are not recoverable. Usually you will get a pre-printed address label sticker that you peel off and stick to the box to ship back. This sticker has another small part with the tracking number for your reference. Without this there is no way to track. You can visit a local store to see if they will look in your account notes and see if the tracking numbers are there as they are usually listed in the not when the shipment is sent.

0 Likes
RachelGriffin

I've been having the same problem since November

0 Likes
CTay17
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am also have the exact same problem!! This is the worst phone company I have ever been with. The microphone on my husbands Galaxy 5S went out, so Verizon told us to ship the phone back and they would ship him a new one. My husband received his new phone and shipped the broken one back, well obviously Verizon does not do their job because they lost the routing number for the package and never checked the packaged old phone into their system. They are trying to make us pay $600 for a phone that we returned! So our bill is over $900!! Over the past three months we have called and spoke to numerous people from customer service and all of them have guaranteed they will fix the credit that is owed, well it NEVER got done. We wrote down their names for documentation and documented each time we have called! Now Verizon is saying the only thing they received in the box was a SIM card? We never even took the SIM card out of the phone when shipping it back. This whole mess just sounds like Verizon trying to make money off of their customers! If we didn't have to pay off another phone we would drop this company in a heartbeat. They have the laziest customer service and they are the most irresponsible service I have ever delt with! We are definitely getting a lawyer involved! If you ever have to send a phone back to them take pictures of the phone and date you sent it, a video of you sending it, and written documentation that you sent it. Otherwise, they will claim they never received it! This seems to be a common problem for them!  This company just scams you out of your money!

0 Likes
CTay17
Enthusiast - Level 1

By the way this is his wife typing not Kyle!

0 Likes
Seoulja615

I need help with this as well. My brother sent in damaged warranty replacement back to Verizon and they are saying receiving never cleared it and charged me $697. Anyone fix this issue or am i looking at getting screwed by Verizon. Please help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Seoulja615, I am shocked that it was not received. You stated the device is damaged; is it physical or water damage?
AlbertoR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes