Edge Return Issues
takemu

I upgraded via the edge program on June 30th and was instructed to return my original LG G2 via the prepaid label.  I did that and the tracking number shows the device was received in TX on July 14.  I received multiple and texts and emails letting me know I had not returned my device.  I received no other communication from Verizon about the returned G2.  For a couple of weeks prior to the upgrade I was using a loaner iPhone 4 due to a security problem with android for my work systems.  I had reactivated my G2 prior to swapping out to my new edge phone.  Flash forward to this month, August when I now have a $299 non-return device fee on my bill... Imagine my surprise.  At first I tried to resolve the issue with livechat and the agent told me she could not help me unless I have the tracking number.  I reminded her that she should be able to provide that since Verizon issued the label.  She said it was my responsibility.  OK  I will own up to that.  I logged in to my verizon account to reprint he label and it is the only document which pops up blank... interesting.  Luckily I was able to get home for a few hours and find the paper tracking slip.  I initiated a live chat today and provided the tracking number and was told I returned the wrong device.  I should have sent in the Apple iPhone 4.  The iPhone was not my phone, it was a loaner and I had reactivated the G2 before swapping in to my new Edge phone.  The agent told me to call the returns center and see if they can help me.  She gave me the number 877-247-3846 which is busy when I call it. She gave me another number for the sales department.  When I told her it was busy she inferred I do not know how to dial a phone number.  I am very frustrated that Verizon is adding to my stress level.  I am trying to resolve this issue from the waiting room of a Cardiac ICU where my father is very ill.  I hope someone from Verizon will help me resolve this issue.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Edge Return Issues
mama23dogs
Legend

The Edge up requires you to return either, the original Edge device, or an authorized replacement device.   If you have your original Edge documents, showing the LG G2, this would be proof You returned the original device.

Pull all the proof together, give Verizon one more chance to make it right, then contact the BBB.

takemu

Thank you.  I will look over the documents when I have a chance to get home.  Oddly enough I tried to pull that up in my verizon and now those documents are blank.  Someone here in the waiting room who overheard me suggested contacting the Consumer Affairs division of the State Attorney General's Office as this may be a violation of the Interstate Commerce Act. I'd really like to give Verizon a chance to resolve this.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Please post your results.

I find it odd the documents are missing.  My original account had documents going back years, I could see all my phone purchases.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

takemu,

We definitely don't want you to have issues with our device payment program! I completely understand your concern. Let's get this figured out. Were you previously on the device payment program or was this your first time using it?

AndrewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
takemu

Hi Andrew_T

This is my first time using Edge.  I previously had a phone with a 2-year contract.  I upgraded using Edge and was told to send back my previous phone which I purchased with my 2-year contract.  This is the phone I sent back.  I never received any communication from anyone at the returns center in TX.  PLease let me know what other information you need from me.  Thank you for you help!

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

What phone was on the line when you did the actual Edge purchase? 

0 Likes
takemu

The LG G2, my original device

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

takemu, we definitely want you to be informed and do not want you to get charge for the device. We can review your account to find out what is going on with the return device. I will be sending you a private message so we can further dig deeper and find out what is going on.
ZangY_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes