Edge Plan Failed to deliver
Elizabeth911
Enthusiast - Level 2

I purhased 4 phones on the edge plan in April 2014.  When I received the first bill, no discount was on my bill for the plan.  I called and was told that I would receive a credit the following month.  Month 2, no credit and now one of the phone contracts is showing cancelled.  Called again and was given credits and told everything was straightened out.  Month 3, one of the phones still not showing an equipment charge and no edge plan.  Another hour of my life on the phone, assured by the rep that all was fixed, and we are giving you a little extra credit of $5 for your trouble.  Month 4, contract reinstated, no edge discount, and now charging me an additional $24 in taxes on a phone that I have had for 4 months and paid those taxes on the first bill.  This has been a nightmare.  I called tonight and now the rep is telling me I have received all that I am entitled to.  Not even close buddy!  My bill is still wrong, you owe me $49 and four hours of my life back.  My original intent was to lower my bill, get us all on the same contract dates and make life easier.  Verizon has made this a very painful experience. 

Labels (1)
Re: Edge Plan Failed to deliver
Ledsteplin
Contributor - Level 3

Switch to the More Everything Plan. That Edge Plan is for the birds. It's a rip off. I realize money may be an issue, but you'd be much better off. I have 4 phones on the More Everything Plan and have had no problems at all.

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

Verizon is having a major technical billing issue for those of us that signed up for the Edge program in the April timeframe(and possibly others). The IT team is working on it, it's not a simple fix. In my case I have 6 phones that I signed up for the Edge plan, one of those is being billed correctly, along with the credit. The other 5, there is no charge and no credit on my bill, pretty much break even for me. They are working on it, I have a direct contact that's keeping me updated on the progress. There is no current target date, at least that they are sharing.

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

The More Everything plan is a service plan(Text, Data and call time), whereas the Edge program is for purchasing phones. You can be in the Edge program and have the More Everything plan or most other available plans.

Elizabeth911
Enthusiast - Level 2

I Have both, the edge plan was so we could have new phones.

0 Likes
Elizabeth911
Enthusiast - Level 2

i was told the same thing last month.  Last night, the rep was telling me I wasn't correct about what's been happening, I was so angry, I finally hung up.  They are now charging me $24 in taxes in addition to no edge discount.  When they screwed this up the first month I was on the phone trying to get it straight. They assured me I would be ok if I deducted my discount when I paid my bill. I am now showing past due on every phone and there is no balance...ughhh

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

Is the tax a sales tax on the phones? Some states charge it as you go along and others, like Michigan charge it all up front. I was only charged sales tax for the one phone that is being charged correctly. I live in Michigan. Have made a payment nor have I been charged sales tax on the other five. So at this point I'm ahead of the game. I'm hoping they don't get it right, my contracts expire in November and then I'll be able to get the $25 discount for being out of contract.

0 Likes