Re: Early termination fee free?
medic664
Enthusiast - Level 1
My weak area must half a state....
0 Likes
medic664
Enthusiast - Level 1
What about just plain degradation of service. To sure of the legalese there, but its not an outage or service failure, just incredibly slowed down.
0 Likes
medic664
Enthusiast - Level 1

So I effect it is set by verizon in that they don't have to charge me that fee but do choose to.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

medic664 wrote:

...the deteriorated data speeds(in the last 1-1.5 months it's been like old school dial up versus previously fast 3G ...

Have you tried removing and reinserting the SIM card?   Does the data speed improve when you are in a different area?

0 Likes
medic664
Enthusiast - Level 1

And how would a SIM card help on a CDMA network in an iPhone 4?  I don't even know of a Verizon iPhone 4 that has a SIM card slot, much less a card.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

The "recent federal universal charge"??? Verizon has been charging this fee for as long as I can remember.

I just took a look at my oldest available online Verizon bill and this fee was on my bill for service from October 16 thru November 15 of 2011.

If you want to leave Verizon, just bite the bullet and pay the ETF.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

oh its an iphone? hhmmmm try contacting apple?

didnt the 4 have that antenna issue?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

medic664 wrote:

And how would a SIM card help on a CDMA network in an iPhone 4?  I don't even know of a Verizon iPhone 4 that has a SIM card slot, much less a card.

You are right, but I didn't realize you had an iPhone - or a non-4G phone, apologies.  I was "assuming" and you know where that leads....  The 4G phones DO have SIM cards, and removing and reinserting DOES help re-connect the signal. 

Have you tried dialing *228?   And is the signal improved in other areas, or slow 3G everywhere?  Recheck settings to be sure it is using CDMA and not Global or other connection?

0 Likes
medic664
Enthusiast - Level 1

typo on my part, should've said recent federal universal charge change.  It was recently changed.

0 Likes
medic664
Enthusiast - Level 1

Fair enough.  I have done a hard restore, taken it to the store, dialed *228 option, and they even gave me a new phone with no change.  It is set up appropriately.  The slow 3G is all over my state, including in a major metropolitan area bigger than my home metropolitan area.

0 Likes