Early Termination fee for a family plan (2 lines)
EricElm

Does anyone know how much it would cost for me to cancel my family plan (2 lines both Galaxy s4).  My contract date ends 7/15. 

I am trying to figure out the math and take advantage of switching companies...sick of my GS4 and the new iphone looking great.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Early Termination fee for a family plan (2 lines)
Not applicable

The ETF would be $420. Through the end of the month if your within a year of your contract ending ( and you are ) you can early Edge up.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely don't want to see you cancel, EricElm. What's going on with your GS4?

I do notice that insight towards the early termination fee was provided below. The early termination fee begins at $350.00 and goes down $10 per month until the contract end date. 

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
gnlcell

I to am wanting to leave Verizon, does this $350.00 go to all plans?  My contract end date is 12/2015

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

The plan is irrelevant. It goes to all contracts where a smartphone was purchased when signing the contract. It is also for each line. If you have 2 lines, there would be 2 ETFs.

0 Likes
gnlcell

So I have 4 smartphones and contract end 12/22/15, so $350.00 per line?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

The ETF starts at $350 and drops $10 for each month of your contract which you complete. You say the "contract" ends on 12/22/15. Each line has its own contract. Unless you purchased all 4 phones on the same date, the contract will be different on each line.

IF you purchased all of the phones on the same date, 12/22/13, then the combined ETF for your account would be $960 if you wait until 11/23 cancel your account.

I get that value by starting at $350 and subtract $110($10 x 11 months) and multiply the result by 4.

$350 - $110 = $240

$240 x 4 = $960.

0 Likes
gnlcell

Ok cool, yes all purchased all contracts same date, with $240 per phone I should be good

thanks for the info

0 Likes
gnlcell

Sprint is still offering $350, so I should have known anything under $350 I would be good

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi gnlcell!

We definitely don't want to lose you as a customer and I'm here to help! May I ask why you no longer want to be a member of the VZW family?

Thanks,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes