Early Termination Fees. (2014)
mariC42
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have four line that I am looking to cancel. Two of the lines contract ends this December and the other two next December. How much would I have to pay for the early termination fees?

I've been a loyal Verizon customer for ten years but the fees for data on my daughters smart phones are pretty crazy and not competitive at all compared to other phone companies.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
Re: Early Termination Fees. (2014)
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

$350 minus $10 per month for each month of the contract term completed. This has to be calculated for each line of service on your account you want to cancel.

(Attacking removed)

Message edited by: Admin Moderator

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
hawaiian_1969
Enthusiast - Level 2

U Don't wanna know it's such a game they will charge u on top of eft

iin sales tax

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

The "moderators" RARELY post comments. When they do, it is strictly about the TOS.Smiley Happy

rcschnoor
Legend

If Verizon charges tax on the ETF, it is only because the government requires them to do so.

robto5150
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm with you Mari.  We had our account with Verizon before Verizon existed (Cingular).

As soon as I'm able I'm switching to Consumer Cellular.  The only people we talk/text to live in Texas.  Very inexpensive - you can cancel anytime and there is no ETF.  They give you 45 days to try it out and if you don't like you are charged nothing.

Good luck to ya 😃

rcschnoor
Legend

robto5150 wrote:

I'm with you Mari.  We had our account with Verizon before Verizon existed (Cingular).

It appears you are a bit mistaken. Verizon was NEVER known as Cingular. Cellular One changed its name to Cingular. Cingular bought the name AT&T and is NOW known as AT&T.

Verizon came into existence when Bell Atlantic Mobile merged with GTE. It was never known as Cingular.Smiley Happy

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Nobody actually gave the correct answer. To know your exact ETF before canceling call customer service. Only they can tell you exactly what it will be.

Ann154 is correct in how the ETF is calculated and you can certainly rough estimate this yourself using this formula. Or you could cancel and wait for the bill and pay it.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

That's correct Mr. RC  and for one's wandering..  Cingular came out of the at&t stables..    Look at both of the companies history Via there Links:

Verizon and it's start in Life..

Verizon Wireless - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

History of at&t,  Cingular and companies that once were..

AT&T Wireless Services - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

0 Likes
Not applicable

The phone company known as AT&T today was actually bankrupt twice. Southwestern Bell Corp bought out the company. Since the name SBC was not a brand name they changed it to AT&T

Before it was AT&T it was Cingular, before that it was Cellular One

and I used them when they were Albany Telephone Company.

On the Verizon Side they were originally just called Bell Telephone, then NYNEX, then Bell Atlantic which took the name of Bell Atlantic NYNEX Mobile and then in 2000 became Verizon.

Verizon wireless in my area bought out Arch Wireless and a texting company of which the name escapes me.

These corporations however did not all originate as the same names in all parts of the country. That is why you get different answers.

But they were all part of the Original Telephone Company.

Not the Arch Wireless or the texting service company. They were separate companies.

Good Luck