Early Termination/6 Month freeze on a new contract
anton42965

How can I validate what the local Verizon rep stated to me.  Asked how much to terminate my contract early, I have 5 months remaining on a smart phone and have 2 other phones still under contract, price to early terminate was $160.  The proceeded to say I wanted to early terminate and request a new upgrade for a discounted phone and was told the Verizon prohibits this for a 6 month period and the upgrade freeze is on all phones.  I have read and re-read the early termination contract and see no mention of any freezes.  And besides, how could they do that if I met the requirements for early termination, I paid for my phone.  Any ideas how to get this resolved?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Early Termination/6 Month freeze on a new contract
budone
Legend

Even if you pay the ETF, if you attempt to come back in the time frame (I thought it was 60 or 90 days) you will be placed back on your old account with your old contract. ETF's paid would most likely (guessing here) would be used to pay your bill down monthly

0 Likes
anton42965

I validated my own question by speaking to a Verizon rep, there is no hold or freeze on upgrades/discounted phones after an early termination, I was told the local verizon rep gave me invalid info.  I specifically asked if perform an early termination of a line/phone can I immediately add a new line and be eligible for a discounted phone, the answer was yes.  My plan was to trade-in my old phone which currently is eligible for a $200 credit that I can use towards the cost of my early termination fee of $160 dollars.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

I believe the rep is incorrect. But I could be wrong. But I have been on this board for a while and the answer has always been there is a waiting period.

0 Likes
anton42965

waiting period for what?  not trying to second guess your knowledge, I was very clear with the representative.  I clearly understand the reasoning behind an early termination fee, it ensures the discounted phones are paid for, we can argue all day long whether a company is making money.  but once you pay for the termination you've met all of verizon's requirements, why would they want to discourage a new line and a discount, your agreeing to another two year contract....its a win win for them.

0 Likes
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

It's called False Churn.  If a Verizon rep did this, they would be subject to termination.

0 Likes
anton42965

I respect every reply to my post and a newbie to the verizon forum, I asked a question hoping to hear of a real example of another person with first hand knowledge of a freeze on a new line or phone after an early termination or being allowed to do this.  again, thank you to anyone that took the time to reply but it seems the replies so far are opinion.  I asked a verizon rep to clarify what I was told and was told that I could feasibly early terminate and subscribe to a new line and a discount withoutt a waiting period.  So whats false churn?

thank you

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Since you didn't mark your post as a question, it is unlikely that you will get a response from a VZW rep on this discussion. All you might get is opinions from other customers.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

But you also heard from another that you can not.

0 Likes
anton42965

Correct I did not post as a question, figured most everything on the forum was a question, like I said, newbie and didnt know how the forum worked.   And yes I did hear it from a second person, I figured when I asked the rep about the other rep and then asked the question in detail that the phone rep would have been diligent about answering the question with some knowledge or would verify.  well, bottom line is that I added a new line, I will be taking my old phone back to early terminate and then trade the phone in for the credit that I will apply to my next bill.  in the end I accomplished what I wanted but it turns out to be a multi step process. thanks for all the input on my topic.

0 Likes