Early Edge old phone return label missing
gipsongang

Hi there; I utilized the Early Edge program and I have not yet received a label to return the phone. (Was not in the box with the new devices, nor has it come in a separate mail yet.) I am unable to print it from My Verizon - Order History because that would be returning the new phone. Could someone please send me the label to return my old phones as part of the Early Edge program so I do not get charged. Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Early Edge old phone return label missing
bobfargel
Enthusiast - Level 3

Be very careful about releasing your old phones with the Edge program...

1. DO NOT send your old phones until you receive the box that the Edge sends to you.  DO NOT use a printer, etc. and make your own...use only the box sent to you.

2. Send the old phones in the Edge box and USE FEDEX AND HAVE A RECEIPT !! Verizon will tell you to ship it by the post office free BUT DO NOT BELIEVE IT.  They have lost HUNDREDS...

3. Just because you sent the old phones are gone, DO NOT BELIEVE THIS. They may take MONTHS to finally give you a refund OR YOU MAY NEVER GET A REFUND...I have been waiting for months.

Good Luck

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Do take precautions and be diligent about saving communications and receipts; check the forums and you'll find they are having major issues with the phones being sent in.

I would start a chat session with a Verizon rep to find out where your label is. It doesn't need to be shipped FedEx IF you can get a tracking number for it from USPS. Heck, if possible I would even spring for a signature. Spending the few extra dollars to verify delivery and know where it is out weighs the $200 fee you get charged when they tell you they never received your package.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

If you do not send back as instructed, you are liable.  Remember, Verizon is looking for the tracking number already associated with the box, phone returned, and the account.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure you can return your previous devices for the Early Edge program, gipsongang. I have sent you a direct message so I can assist. Please reply to my direct message so I can send a new label. As an alternative, you can visit your local corporate Verizon Wireless store for assistance: http://bit.ly/3SdsA  

AndreaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bobfargel
Enthusiast - Level 3

Be careful, I did everything correctly and used USPS -  still was lost by Verizon.  I got the tracking numbers, etc. but after months, I still did not get my refund.  Verizon claims that they are still looking for it....even if you provided tracking, box, phone number, and account.  As I said, the Edge program has lost hundreds of phones by Verizon.

AND,,,"If you do not send back as instructed, you are liable.  Remember, Verizon is looking for the tracking number already associated with the box, phone returned, and the account.": STILL REQUIRES VERIZON TO BE LIABLE REGARDLESS OF WHAT OTHERS SAY.  Therefore, use the court system since Verizon tries to bully you into giving up.

0 Likes
JAHills
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having this problem.  Returned the old phone in April and my current bill has a $425 charge on it because they claim they did not receive my phone back.  I used their label and gave the bos to our mailman.

0 Likes
squirrelnamedsue

Pay to return the phone yourself...DO NOT USE ANY LABEL VERIZON SENDS YOU!!!! That is unless you want to end up paying for the phone...

0 Likes