Early Edge Qualified/Then NOT Qualified??
bigdave529

Ok I have been tracking my edge eligibility since Dec 2014 and have asked several times through chat and via phone calls to customer support if 2 of my lines that are still under 2 year contract(since August 2013) were early edge eligible.  Every single one of them said YES you are, you just need to turn in your current phone in good working condition and choose a phone that you want.  When I go to my local Verizon retailer to get new phones, to my surprise, they say I that I am not eligible for edge!? How can I be told by several Verizon sources(chat and phone customer service) that I am eligible for edge but all of a sudden not be? I have paid my bills every month, ON TIME, for 11 years and all I have left is 8 months left on my contract for both lines and I cant participate in the early edge!!!??? But I hear of customers who have only been a Verizon customer for 5 years getting to participate in the early edge with a whole year left on their 2 year contract!!??? Where is the disconnect?? Why cant I participate in the Edge program??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Early Edge Qualified/Then NOT Qualified??
Not applicable

Ok when you go into a store it's probably a retailer not an actual Verizon store. Just have them contract Verizon customer service and verify you are eligible. I had this happen once and as soon as CS verified we were eligible the did the early edge upgrade. As far as I know the only phone you can currently get on early Edge is the Droid Turbo.

0 Likes
bigdave529

I called customer service while I was in the store and they said that I wasnt eligible.  The most frustrating thing is that I get different answers from different people.  I hear different stories of how the early edge is supposed to work, how it worked for some and not for others.  Its like Verizon doesnt know what the hell is going on, which is ridiculous.  Verizon is very inconsistent on this topic and wish they could get their story straight.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Remember early Edge is not the same as Edge. You will need to give up your current phone, and you will be limited to the phone you can get, usually just one model as noted by @anon_0001. You cannot just get any phone you want on early Edge. You will not be qualified for full Edge and getting any phone you want until your contract is complete.

0 Likes
bigdave529

I am not eligible for the Droid Turbo either.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bigdave529

I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused. I want to review your account to figure out what may have been the cause of the miscommunication. We do run promotions periodically for customers to participate in the Early Edge Program if they are still under a 2 year contract. I am sending you a private message to better assist you today.

YareliM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
fcameron11509

Same thing here. I get a different story from every single rep I speak to, very frustrating! One will tell me I am eligible for early edge and the next will say "no you must have 6 months or less left on your contract." I wish Verizon would get it together. Spoke to a friend of mine the other day who just early upgraded with AT&T so I guess that's where I'm headed. A Verizon rep talked me into changing from apple to samsung....worse decision I've ever made and now can't get out of it with less than a year left on my contract!

0 Likes
Dscl17

I have less then 5 months left on my contract and they tell me to go to a verizon store and it is up to the manager if they will override the system to let me early upgrade.  Spoke to ATT today and that is not the case with them.  Why does verizon have all these special deals for those who are new, barely new and left verizon and come back but for the loyal long term Verizon customers we don't get anything but the run around.  I'm switching as soon as I buy out my contract because Verizon has no loyalty to their own customers. Oh we tried to switch the service into my husbands name because he is military and they said we can't.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Early Edge has requirements and it NOT always guaranteed on your account. Meaning not every account gets EE. Also, if you have Verizon Wireless and Verizon FiOS billed on what is popularly known as One Bill you won't get Edge at all. Edge, which is now called something else and I don't know what it is, is a great program but you're better off waiting until you are fully eligible to upgrade. You will be sorely disappointed when you EE and mail your old device back and get a charge because they say it was never returned or damaged.

0 Likes