nvogel78

I have been with Verizon for almost a year now, 3 years if you figure in my time with prepaid. I want to cancel my contract. I can't rely on service through you. I started off with an LG G2 phone and it's battery didn't last 2 hours, it heated up so bad it almost burned me. I had the protection plan. I took it to 2 different stores and all they did was "update" my phone. well it never worked. it still did the same thing. So I had to go with a verizon edge phone just to have a phone I could trust to have battery life. I have had Doctors, My Parents and My son's school call my phone and it will not go through. No missed calls nothing. No voice mails. I have talked to tech support and my phone is up to date and everything. so they called the phone twice. I haven't had a problem talking with other verizon phones but other phones I have. I got a crappy edge phone to begin with. I downgraded because they would not do anything about my LG G2 if the protection plan only covers system updates what good is it. so I'm stuck with this crappy phone paying money I really can't afford for the edge program. Please help me. I need a cellular service I can trust. and Yes I have full bars and 4GTE here so that isn't the problem.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: ETF
Weth
Legend

What does your online contract end date say?   You may have ETF and need to pay off the Edge phone since you did early Edge. 

0 Likes
nvogel78

It ends in 2016 but I was forced into edge they gave me no other options. I know that's not your fault. but I gotta do something

0 Likes
nvogel78

Sorry May of 2016

0 Likes
nvogel78

I have 2 lines a smart phone and a flip phone. Can I just end my smart phone part and keep the flip phone?

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

ETF approx $210, plus remaining payments on your current phone on Edge plan, likely another $200 or more. 

You can end each line separately.  It is not going to be cheap, make sure it is the right thing for you as it is just throwing money away for the most part. 

WHAT HAPPENS IF MY POSTPAY SERVICE IS CANCELED BEFORE THE END OF MY CONTRACT TERM?

If you're signing up for Postpay Service, you're agreeing to subscribe to a line of Service either on a month–to–month basis or for a minimum contract term, as shown on your receipt or order confirmation. (If your Service is suspended without billing, that time doesn't count toward completing your contract term.) Once you've completed your contract term, you'll automatically become a customer on a month–to–month basis for that line of Service. If you cancel a line of Service, or if we cancel it for good cause, during its contract term, you'll have to pay an early termination fee. If your contract term results from your purchase of an advanced device on or after November 14, 2014, your early termination fee will be $350, which will decline by $10 per month upon completion of months 7–17, $20 per month upon completion of months 18–22, $60 upon completion of month 23 and will be $0 upon completion of the contract term. For other contract terms entered into on or after November 14, 2014, your early termination fee will be $175, which will decline by $5 per month upon completion of months 7–17, $10 per month upon completion of months 18–22, $30 upon completion of month 23 and will be $0 upon completion of your contract term. If your contract results from your purchase of an advanced device prior to November 14, 2014, your early termination fee will be $350 minus $10 for each full month of your contract term that you complete. For other contract terms entered into prior to November 14, 2014, your early termination fee will be $175 minus $5 for each full month of your contract term that you complete. Cancellations will become effective on the last day of that month's billing cycle, and you are responsible for all charges incurred until then. Also, if you bought your wireless device from an authorized agent or third–party vendor, you should check whether they charge a separate termination fee.

0 Likes