Dropping Voice Call on Samsung Galaxy S3 and Samsung Note II in Benton, LA 71006 area,
sauld

For the Past year, my wife's S3 drops calls frequently. I bought and installed an Extender from Verizon several years back and it doesn't seem to help.

The Data side has gotten much slower but the biggest issue is the inability to carry on a conversation without have to call back due to dropped calls

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Dropping Voice Call on Samsung Galaxy S3 and Samsung Note II in Benton, LA 71006 area,
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
sauld, we want you to have the best wireless experience possible. Service can be challenging indoors due to restrictions caused by the materials that your home was built with. As a result, wireless signal cannot be guaranteed in all buildings. Let's make sure that the network extender is set up correctly: http://vz.to/1yA06mr

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Dropping Voice Call on Samsung Galaxy S3 and Samsung Note II in Benton, LA 71006 area,
sauld

On My Note II, I am now having the same problem but I don't depend on voice calls as much as my wife does as we both have offices in our home. She if full time in home office and I am only part time as I am out of the office a good bit

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
sauld,

That's certainly not okay! We want to make sure you get the very best service at all times. Does this mainly happen in and around your house? How far do you have to go to get better service? When making a call do you hear the beep at the beginning confirming you are connecting to the extender?

AndrewT_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
sauld

Yes I do hear a double beep. Typically we call walk outside our house and

make or listen to calls

Thanks

On Wednesday, May 20, 2015, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thanks so much for providing that additional information sauld. Has any of the devices recently updated software or anything before you start the notice the dropping of calls? Do any other users report the same thing when visiting your home?

CandiceH_VZW
0 Likes
sauld

My son has had some problems when hes has been here but that has only been

occasionally .

My wife's calls are the biggest issue as her job is from home and she

cannot sit at her desk and talk. She finds a spot that it works at stands

there to complete her call.

The Verizon extender is located in a room next to her desk with one of

three antenna mounted 6 ft from the extender and 6 ft off the floor. This

antenna is about 3 feet from her desk on an adjacent wall.

On Fri, May 22, 2015 at 10:28 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
sauld,

That's definitely not okay. We want to make sure she gets the very best possible service. Does her phone work well when she isn't at home? Does she hear the beep when she calls indicating that she is connected to the extender?

AndrewT_VZW
0 Likes
sauld

The only place either of us have dropped calls is at home.

Both phones definitely hear the double beep confirming connection to the

extender.

Both Phones are register on the extender.

On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 2:15 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
sauld, we want you to have the best wireless experience possible. Service can be challenging indoors due to restrictions caused by the materials that your home was built with. As a result, wireless signal cannot be guaranteed in all buildings. Let's make sure that the network extender is set up correctly: http://vz.to/1yA06mr

LasinaH_VZW
0 Likes