Dropped calls, poor service in house where it once was great
What_sUp

I Have the same phone, same house and in last two months calls are dropped, the reception in the house is poor when it used to be perfect, people

call and get a recording that my number is no longer in service, I try to get voice mail and get that my

number is no longer in service?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Dropped calls, poor service in house where it once was great
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

What'sUp Let’s turn back time to perfect reception. What phone do you have? What is your zip code? Can you reach your voicemail from a landline? If you have a smart phone we would recommend replacing the SIM card. http://spr.ly/6589BMVHd locat*
JoelR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
What_sUp

I Am able to dial voice mail from house phone. I was talking to a friend withVerizon from house phone and her call was dropped last night. We live in same town.

I Have an LG Octane. Zip code 81433.

THanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

What'sUp, together we will get your services back to perfect. We want to make sure we are on the same page here. Are we dealing with house phone issues or cell phone, or both? Is the home phone a wireless Home Phone Connect or a landline from Verizon Communications? If it is cell phone issues, do you have issues elsewhere?
JoelR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
What_sUp

TThe house phone is Quest landline. I do not seem to have issues outside of 81433 community. I live about one and one quarter mile from cell tower. The cell tower is the only one in community and have had service since it was installed. I called my friend the other day on house phone for unbroken conversation. Her Verizon cell dropped the call.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

What'sUp Sounds like we are going to need to get deeper here to find out your issue. Other than the one call dropped with your friend, do you know of anyone else having issues in this area? Could you check and possibly update your phone’s software (Menu > Settings & Tools > Phone Info > SW / HW Version)? Could you dial on the phone *228 and send? When it picks up, select option number 1 to update with the local tower.
JoelR_VZW

0 Likes
What_sUp

I Called customer support last night and was on the phone a very long time.,This is beyond crazy. I have two Octanes.

I Lost my phone once and purchased another one and then found the phone. I use the second Octane to charge an extra battery. The *228 was not working Well as it did not give me any options so I could choose number 1. So I turned on the spare phone and tried it. I was able to get *228 with the option of pressing number 1. I called support about an hour later. Somehow dialing *228 with spare phone set some of my Verizon service to the spare phone. The agent and I discovered this through extensive troubleshooting. We shut off the spare phone and tried to *228 a few times. We were about to do a master reset and I could not back up my contacts as the phone is not connected to the tower. I started to write down all contacts and that took a long time. The agent asked if he could call me back in five minutes. He never did call. I am not able to receive calls on either phone. All of this was before we could even troubleshoot dropped calls and broken poor quality conversation. What do I do now?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I regret the inconvenience as you always deserve the highest levle of support and service. I have sent you a Direct Message so we can get to the bottom of this once and for all.

YaleK_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
What_sUp

After a couple of hours of troubleshooting today we determined that

The problem was my phone. No matter what we could not get it to connect to the

Tower properly. We switched service to the other phone, I have had no problems

So far.

Thanks everybody!

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes