Dropped Calls, Poor Call Quality
HallieS2011

I'm not sure if something is going on in my area or what (my zip code is 45840), but for the past 48 hours, my wireless phone service has been TERRIBLE. I cannot keep a call for more than a few minutes at at time, and even then the call quality is awful, as either I or the other person I am talking to begins breaking up. I cannot count how many dropped calls I have had in the past 12 hours alone just trying to have a conversation with someone. If this is how the service is going to be in my area from now on, we will definitely be switching to another carrier, as this just isn't working.

What I don't understand is the crazy fluctuations in my signal. I'll have 3G & 3 bars, then go down to 1X and one bar, then back to 3G again. Again, I'm not sure if a tower nearby is undergoing maintenance or what...but with the amount of money we're paying for our phones every month, we deserve better service than this. I've tried calling customer service & going through the automated system, hoping to talk to a real life person (there wasn't an option to report poor service or sudden bad signals). And, considering my cell is the only phone I have access to, I can't stay on hold for more than a few minutes until the call gets dropped.

So, here I am, on the community forum, hoping that someone from Verizon would be kind enough to look into this and advise on the situation.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Dropped Calls, Poor Call Quality
Jim12986
Enthusiast - Level 2

but yet we continue to pay the same amount as someone that has perfect service in their area, why is that?  Shouldn't we be discounted? I couldn't use 10g of data if I wanted to but it still costs me the same. I got a pretty good idea what their response will be , "pay for what you use"

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

TThere has been an outage in Texas, but no comments on Ohio.   Others may report.....

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Jim,

If you are in a poor service area for Verizon, shop for another carrier that covers it well.  Ask around, don't count on coverage maps.    Consider carriers than will help with ETFs.   Your cell contract does warn you the carrier is not responsible if you are in an area of poor service.  If others in your area have good Verizon service, then it may be your phone that is bad.

0 Likes
Jim12986
Enthusiast - Level 2

exactly , find another carrier

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Sometimes there is no other option.  Hopefully you are not tied in for 2 years, or can complain often enough to be let out of your contract.   Which they will do if your service has degraded And it isn't device related.

0 Likes