Drop/delete a mobile spot?
WILLIE_64776_1999

How do I drop/ delete a mobile spot? Went to "my devices" they said to drag until a symbol showed but wont let me. We had to get a new one and want to delete the old one. Also what is the difference with connection fee and "up grade fee" ? Was charged $30. for upgrade and then they want another $30 to connect new phone??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Drop/delete a mobile spot?
deloused
Master - Level 3

If you want to cancel a line of service for any device type on your account (whether mobile hotspot, phone, tablet etc) you can make the request by calling customer service or visiting a store.

An activation fee would apply whenever adding a new line of service to an account, and an upgrade fee would apply whenever purchasing a new device at retail, promo or with device payment options on a line of service that had already been previously active on the account

View solution in original post

deloused
Master - Level 3

If you want to cancel a line of service for any device type on your account (whether mobile hotspot, phone, tablet etc) you can make the request by calling customer service or visiting a store.

An activation fee would apply whenever adding a new line of service to an account, and an upgrade fee would apply whenever purchasing a new device at retail, promo or with device payment options on a line of service that had already been previously active on the account

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can certainly understand your concern with charges to your account and want to be sure we can make changes easily, WILLIE_64776_1999. As deloused mentioned, an upgrade fee and activation fee are two separate charges but will not be billed for the same transaction but if you are making a change to a Mobile Hotspot line as well as a phone line, the applicable fee will be charged per line. You can see a bit more at #2 in https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/upgrade-fee-faqs/ about the difference as well. As for the change to your Mobile Hotspot, when you upgrade to a new one and want that new device to take over the old device you should be able to simply activate the new Mobile Hotspot onto the same mobile number using the steps at https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/how-to-activate-device-video/ . To clarify, did you get the new Mobile Hotspot with a brand new mobile number for it? Do the old Hotspot and new Hotspot devices both work to connect other devices to the internet right now?

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
WILLIE_64776_1999

The hot spot stopped working several months ago and Verizon said we had to keep paying on it until December. At that time we bought a new one so we need to delete the old one so we are not charged for it anymore. So when I activate my new phone that I just purchased from you, my old one will be taken off correct? Or do I need to delete it too?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can answer that for you. A line can only have one device active at a time. By switching the devices, you remove active services as well. There won't be any additional steps. Does that answer your question?BobbyN_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes