Dont pay for unlimited, unless its literally only for yoyr phone, even then still not worth it
Jyk333
Enthusiast - Level 3

What youve change our plan to, is not what we signed up for, first of all every time I check my verizone, it says "enjoy unlimited streaming" in the data hub. Now, how can i do that if the show is literally buffering as soon as it gets done, it took me 3 1/2 hrs to watch a 52 min show. 

Secondly, you promised unlimited 1080p for this plan originally, and now you've throttled everything to 720, or 480 depending on device.   But the biggest problem is what you done to us hotspot users, 15 gigs is all we get then the down speed gets so bad its literally unusable for anything other than txt, I'm now at my 29th buffer on a show just in the time its taken to write this.

I really hope you get what you deserve as a company. Unless something is done about this, and soon, I will definitely be getting rid of your service, and don't have to worry about breaking a contract or anything, me and my family have been, with verizone since before you existed ad verizone, so hope you're happy to not only lose our bill, about a grand a month, but also one of your very first customers.

So I'm  Just gonna keep posting how dissatisfied i am with the chamges to unlimited, every time i have a problem, or the show im watching buffers, because of your [Removed] nre speeds and unusable connection, hopefully you (verizone) will make yhis imjustice right, or hopefully theyll start losimg lots of customers

profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

Labels (1)
Re: Dont pay for unlimited, unless its literally only for yoyr phone, even then still not worth it
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Maybe you should change your plan to a large tiered plan. Which plan do you have? Your description half sounds like the Go Unlimited Plan and the other half sounds like the Beyond Unlimited Plan.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Re: Dont pay for unlimited, unless its literally only for yoyr phone, even then still not worth it
weskeene
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you are no longer happy with the service, you may wish to consider other options for your wireless needs. Verizon offers up to 720p HD on any tiered data plan, or on Beyond Unlimited.

Feel free to complain here in this community forum, but understand that it will not likely change anything. Contacting service directly with your concerns is the approach most likely to get a resolution, if there is one to be had.

Steve_Jep
Enthusiast - Level 3

What sucks is that there simply isnt a service for people like us, i travel the country working and often dont get back home for months at a time.

I want something that will provide me with at least 5Mbps hotspot data with at bare minimum a 1TB/mo limit before it throttles.

I have 2 jetpacks and youre right, 15GB of somewhat usable speeds just isnt nearly enough for anybody that uses any amount of internet. Because once you get knocked down to 3g you cant even do basic windows updates and it takes half an hour to be able to log in to check your emails let alone download an excel attachment or anything.

I work and when im not working my hobby is gaming. Playing games doesnt use much data, but if I need to update a game or god forbid download a game all my data is instantly gone.

Hell I have like 2.5TB of games on steam and most arent even installed so if i want to go install one of my total war games itll use both jetpacks 4g data and it still wont be completely downloaded.

Another issue I have is i am paying for the beyondunilimited plan and even when im just using my phone as the OP said, even with 4-5 bars of 4g lte it buffers videos longer than it plays them. The quality drops to what appears to be 240 or 480p in order to get it to play often times and videos just arent even watchable at that resolution. Using Galaxy s8+.

Its sad how far behind a lot of tech companies are, especially all the cell companies. 1080p shouldnt even be called hd anymore, its standard, maybe even a little below standard at this point. An average $100 cable internet will provide you with an unlimited amount of 100-150Mbps DL speeds, but cell companies can barely even provide 30GB of 5Mbps speeds? Satellite is significantly cheaper and provides 1TB cap usually with average dl speeds of 15Mbps.

When did satellite become better than radio?

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I love it when people come here and say "I was with Verizon before it was Verizon". It makes me laugh. Why? Because you CAN'T have been a Verizon customer BEFORE Verizon was a company. What you were was a customer of another carrier that got bought out by Verizon. Then, and only then, is when you became a Verizon customer. Also, if you have been with Verizon for so long, you should be the first to acknowledge that Verizon changes their plans and offerings frequently.

Now to address your misunderstanding of the Unlimited plan.

Beyond Unlimited FAQs | Verizon Wireless

Go Unlimited FAQs | Verizon Wireless

Read the information at the link that goes with your plan THEN come here and we can clear it all up should you still not understand.

Steve_Jep
Enthusiast - Level 3

With Beyond Unlimited you

• HD-quality streaming
  • Unlimited Mobile hotspot with 15 GB/line at full 4G LTE

The HD claim is just flat out false which they admit to if you can manage to read your way through their terms, which it isnt reasonable to think that everyone should be able to have time to read through all the terms of everything they purchase. They claim you get HD-quality streaming upfront and only after you trudge your way through terms do they admit that it only applies to tablets, while smartphones play at 720p. Try to tell me that 720p is HD and i will smack a baby. And even then it barely plays at 720p, usually buffers and lowers to 480p. There needs to be laws that require businesses be forthcoming and clear with their services.

The Unlimited hotspot data at 15GB/line is only half false, but very misleading. If you are in 4G and you havent used your 15GB yet, even if you are only getting 100Kbps in that 4G network, it still uses your 4G data. Which is bogus since 4g speeds are claimed to be 5Mbps-12Mbps at minimum. If you get less than that it should not count as usage of 4G data. And they do the same thing as every other company trying to sell something that nobody can use by using the term "up to" 600Kbps, because while that may be pretty bad, its not absolutely unusable. Yet they leave out just how often you will even see 600Kbps(never) and neglect to mention any averages, whats the average speed once it gets deprioritized? 60-100Kbps?

"Most of the time you'll continue to enjoy the same great network experience once your line exceeds 22 GB during your billing cycle.

If you've already used 22 GB on a particular line during your current billing cycle, and are on a cell site that is congested at that moment, your download may be temporarily queued behind other Verizon Wireless customers, which may result in slower download speeds relative to another Verizon Wireless customer's experience on the same cell site at that moment"

This is probably the most bold faced lie of the claims, once you hit 22GB it doesnt matter if you are in Corpus Christi, TX or Mathis, TX or Saginaw, MI or Flint, MI or Denver, CO or Greeley, CO or Manhattan, KS or Hays, KS or at a Cardinals baseball game or in the Country or whether its 3AM or 3PM. The speed dramatically gets reduced and stays at the same reduced state no matter where you are or what time it is until your next cycle date. They throttle your [removed] and blame it on increased traffic regardless of how heavy traffic is.

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes
Jyk333
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sure you can if you in a deal with a company, then that company merges, and or absorbs another company, then the two company simply change the name, its still tge same business associates, same company, just a different name, happens everyday

0 Likes
Jyk333
Enthusiast - Level 3

Right, where I live our only other option is satellite, but its just not fast enough for what I need, mostly p2p stuff, I think I read time Warner or spectrum may have started doing stuff out here if that's true, bye bye verizon won't need it anymore

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Simply, you can't be a customer of a company before its inception.

Jyk333
Enthusiast - Level 3

We'll have to agree to disagree

0 Likes