Does using 15gb of data in 2 1/2 hours sound reasonable?
Ecar7man

I'm curious about something. My regular internet service went out, so in the meantime I created a hotspot and connected my apple TV to it. I streamed from prime video an HD movie that was exactly 2:30 hours long and then got a message that I had used up all my hotspot data.

Everything that I read online says you can use up to 3gb per hour. Am I missing something? Does it consume more because I'm using my apple tv instead of my phone?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Does using 15gb of data in 2 1/2 hours sound reasonable?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning, Ecar7man. Monitoring data usage is essential, so I can understand why you're concerned about your hotspot data. I'm here to help. Some device activities can consume large amounts of data. Streaming audio or video using apps such as Pandora, Spotify, Netflix, and YouTube. Refer to #2 under "General Information" in https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/data-usage-faqs/

What app did you stream? How do you anticipate using your data in the future? We have plans which offer more high-speed mobile hotspot data. Please check your private messages for more details.

TracyB_VZW

View solution in original post

0 Likes
UpstateWinds
Contributor - Level 1

Streaming video esp HD will go through alot of data. 15 GB in 2 1/2 hours im not sure unless it was 4K.

Motorola Z3 on the Verizon network.
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning, Ecar7man. Monitoring data usage is essential, so I can understand why you're concerned about your hotspot data. I'm here to help. Some device activities can consume large amounts of data. Streaming audio or video using apps such as Pandora, Spotify, Netflix, and YouTube. Refer to #2 under "General Information" in https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/data-usage-faqs/

What app did you stream? How do you anticipate using your data in the future? We have plans which offer more high-speed mobile hotspot data. Please check your private messages for more details.

TracyB_VZW

0 Likes