Re: Does Verizon even care about customer loyalty anymore?
immto
Enthusiast - Level 3

Update to my situation.  Verizon is not going to budge on Customer loyalty at this time.  They are satisfied with keeping me as customer as long as I keep paying them, but they are not giving me anything in return to stay with them.  I am however choosing to keep the service on the new plan and I will see if "Cost savings" are really as advertised, but if I choose to purchase new equipment, I will need to either be bound into a payment plan paying full price for an overpriced device, or pay out the nose for the same level of service I would get otherwise if I take the contract discount.  Verizon may be following suit with the rest of the industry but this does not make the practice any more appealing.  I will be shopping the other carriers for opportunities, it may become a situation where it is actually beneficial for us as consumers to switch back and forth and around between the carriers, if this is really the direction they are going to stick with.  I would urge everyone who is in a position to renew/upgrade, to voice their concerns over this new pricing strategy.  It may appear we are getting better service and packages, but in the end we are all just benefiting from their expanded network which we are paying for after all.   

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

immto wrote:

No, I was not paying for the phone even after it was paid off, because the fee was paid for up front, and then it was done, 

But this is where you are mistaken. The fee was not upfront. Part of it was the upgrade fee, part of it was the cheap phone that didn't actually cover the price of the phone, and the other was a hidden built in charge every month on your bill. Verizon admitted to this to the FCC and that is why they started to split out the extra $20 charge if you are on contract. This is how Verizon could afford to give away phones every 2 years, because you were overpaying every month and you continued to pay for your phone even after 2 years.

This helps explain a bit.

0 Likes
nowayout07
Enthusiast - Level 1

After today's incident speaking and chatting with multiple people over the phone and online to the point of tears since 4 am I am DONE, I am BEYOND DONE and I'm [Removed] They say they care, I say [Removed] They screwed up numerous things with my account and don't take responsibility and I am still waiting for the [Removed] phone call ........They should just tell you right out to [Removed]   instead of wasting my entire [Removed] day waiting by the phone and endless amounts of time between chatting and calling because I'm trying to fix my [Removed]  cell phone so I can use it.. 17 years of loyalty between my husband and myself with their wireless, internet, and residential service. Not to mention the promotional [Removed] of bundle this and that and we will give you a discount. Frauds

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Good luck with the new carrier.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Those are NOT your only options.  Unless you have to have the newest device.

I purchased a mint Samsung GS7 off eBay for $380.  A Moto pure edition for $250 at Best Buy. 

Best buy also has other options like the Nexus 6p. 

As they say, "the definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over and expect a different result."  If you've been picking A or B, then you should look at option C.

Ive written this before, either set yourself free of continue to be a slave to the carrier.  I've been able to switch for better price and options because I own my own universal phones.   If you think the big promotions are a good deal, then you didn't read the fine print. 

adr1997
Enthusiast - Level 2

none of us are paid. this is a community forum where customers come and discuss things. there are no Verizon employees here unless you count moderators and the occasional employee (which will be verified by their name). I wish I got paid to defend Verizon. who doesn't. as far as everyone is concerned I believe we are all consumers not employees. and good luck with whoever you switch to. nothing will change they are all the same

0 Likes
immto
Enthusiast - Level 3

OK, sure...

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Out of the 28 replies in this thread, only one was an official VZW rep. They offered to review your phone and plan options by sending you a private Direct Message through the community forum inbox.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
adr1997
Enthusiast - Level 2

no where in my name does it say that I am affiliated with Verizon. nor on my profile. I am not a Verizon employee, and for you to think that people are is foolish and makes you delusional. anyone who disagrees with you is "paid by Verizon to defend them" no maybe some of us actually understands how it works, and appreciate Verizon because they are the best network out of the options. please grow up and just switch carriers if you don't like Verizon. its the best solution to your problems.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

I'm not even a customer.... at least not at the moment.  I was with Verizon for 17 years.  If they had modified the pricing 2 3/4 years ago on the More Everything plan earlier than they did, I never would have left.  I wasn't alone.  So many left that months later Verizon caved.

I came back for the best reception and coverage.  I left again because I don't like the attitude in the stores.  Not rude.  But superior.

I get better choice of phones on a GSM carrier. 

If you take the time to price other carriers, they are not far apart in prices.  Even the "cheaper" Sprint and T-Mobile are not that much cheaper.  No matter what carrier, they all make you pay for the phones.

For what it's worth, my old Verizon bill by the end of 2013 for 4 smartphones and a tablet, 10 gigs of data, 900 minutes and an unlimited text pack was $360. 

I have unlimited talk and text and 30 gigs of data, same devices, and pay $207 per month.

On the New Verizon plan, with half the data, same devices, I could match that price. 

0 Likes