Do you have a frustrating Verizon Wireless service experience?
nj5family

I have 5 phones with VW and upgraded all to the iPhone. I was told I would have to add 2 additional lines to get all phones upgraded. I am now being harassed for disconnect fees ( as I cancelled the lines I did not want in the first place). I was told I would receive a credit for the termination fees and then I was told I would not be credited. I was asked how much I was willing to pay toward the termination fees. I was asked if I could find someone to take over the 2 lines I disconnected. Yes, Verizon Wirelss wanted me to find them new customers.  In summary, this is perhaps the most trying and poor service I have received from any co

I have 5 phones with VW and upgraded all to the iPhone. I was told I would have to add 2 additional lines to get all phones upgraded. I am now being harassed for disconnect fees ( as I cancelled the lines I did not want in the first place). I was told I would receive a credit for the termination fees and then I was told I would not be credited. I was asked how much I was willing to pay toward the termination fees. I was asked if I could find someone to take over the 2 lines I disconnected. Yes, Verizon Wirelss wanted me to find them new customers. In summary, this is perhaps the most trying and poor service I have received from any company ever. I wrote a letter to the corporate offices on January 14, 2012 explaining in great detail the situation and asking for a resolve. I have not heard back. My wife repeatedly receives "automated past due notifications"---when the only thing past due are the fees I am disputing.

I cannot believe the way Verizon Wirless has handled this situation. Does Verizon Wirelss really want to lose me as a customer? I spend close to $400 monthly and upgrade phones regularly and buy accessories from their stores.

Is this h

I have 5 phones with VW and upgraded all to the iPhone. I was told I would have to add 2 additional lines to get all phones upgraded. I am now being harassed for disconnect fees ( as I cancelled the lines I did not want in the first place). I was told I would receive a credit for the termination fees and then I was told I would not be credited. I was asked how much I was willing to pay toward the termination fees. I was asked if I could find someone to take over the 2 lines I disconnected. Yes, Verizon Wirelss wanted me to find them new customers. In summary, this is perhaps the most trying and poor service I have received from any company ever. I wrote a letter to the corporate offices on January 14, 2012 explaining in great detail the situation and asking for a resolve. I have not heard back. My wife repeatedly receives "automated past due notifications"---when the only thing past due are the fees I am disputing.

I cannot believe the way Verizon Wirless has handled this situation. Does Verizon Wirelss really want to lose me as a customer? I spend close to $400 monthly and upgrade phones regularly and buy accessories from their stores.

Is this how they treat loyal customers?

ow they treat loyal customers?

mpany ever. I wrote a letter to the corporate offices  on January 14, 2012 explaining in great detail the situation and asking for a resolve. I have not heard back. My wife repeatedly receives "automated past due notifications"---when the only thing past due are the fees I am disputing.  

Is this how they treat loyal customers?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Do you have a frustrating Verizon Wireless service experience?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

nj5family wrote  repeatedly):

I have 5 phones with VW and upgraded all to the iPhone. I was told I would have to add 2 additional lines to get all phones upgraded. I am now being harassed for disconnect fees ( as I cancelled the lines I did not want in the first place). I was told I would receive a credit for the termination fees and then I was told I would not be credited. I was asked how much I was willing to pay toward the termination fees. I was asked if I could find someone to take over the 2 lines I disconnected.

It sounds like when you upgraded all 5 lines to iPhones, only 3 were actually eligible to upgrade.  The  options were to pay full price for two phones, or add 2 lines to get a discounted price on the 2 ineligible lines.  This would mean a second plan, since a family plan can only have 5 lines.  When you cancelled the two new lines, naturally there were termination fees to pay, since you did not fulfill the contract you signed.

The options you were given were valid solutions to avoid the ETF - if you want this to all go away, that's not going to happen.  You need to:

1. Pay the ETF on the two new lines (which it sounds like you owe, because you cancelled those already)

2. Find someone willing to take over the contract on those two new lines - it would fulfill the contract and avoid the ETF if Verizon is willing to let that happen after you've already cancelled.)

3.  Do nothing and leave the unpaid balance on your credit history.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Do you have a frustrating Verizon Wireless service experience?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

nj5family wrote  repeatedly):

I have 5 phones with VW and upgraded all to the iPhone. I was told I would have to add 2 additional lines to get all phones upgraded. I am now being harassed for disconnect fees ( as I cancelled the lines I did not want in the first place). I was told I would receive a credit for the termination fees and then I was told I would not be credited. I was asked how much I was willing to pay toward the termination fees. I was asked if I could find someone to take over the 2 lines I disconnected.

It sounds like when you upgraded all 5 lines to iPhones, only 3 were actually eligible to upgrade.  The  options were to pay full price for two phones, or add 2 lines to get a discounted price on the 2 ineligible lines.  This would mean a second plan, since a family plan can only have 5 lines.  When you cancelled the two new lines, naturally there were termination fees to pay, since you did not fulfill the contract you signed.

The options you were given were valid solutions to avoid the ETF - if you want this to all go away, that's not going to happen.  You need to:

1. Pay the ETF on the two new lines (which it sounds like you owe, because you cancelled those already)

2. Find someone willing to take over the contract on those two new lines - it would fulfill the contract and avoid the ETF if Verizon is willing to let that happen after you've already cancelled.)

3.  Do nothing and leave the unpaid balance on your credit history.

0 Likes