Do not use Verizon Trade In Program
Kamala2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon trade in program is a fraudulent scam where Verizon promises to pay you a price for a phone.  Then when you send it in, they claim that a perfect phone is not in working order, then give you a tiny fraction of the appraised value.

I encourage anyone who is considering participating in this program to do your own research.  See how many complaints you see of Iphone users receiving the same credit of $36 for a working Iphone, with the claim that "Find My Phone Was Not Turned Off" as the reason.  You really believe that every Iphone user is too stupid to turn off the "Find My Phone" feature, before sending it in? 

I'll be happy to start this new topic every morning, afternoon and night being sure to bump it to the top of the verizon message boards at every opportunity to save customers the frustration of dealing with a fraudulent program that is akin to theft of ones property.

This program is just asking for a class action suit.

Surely some lawyer wants to make a fortune over this, right?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
Re: Do not use Verizon Trade In Program
babyface75
Enthusiast - Level 1

its just not the Iphone its all of them. I know its a waste of time and you really get ripped off. I learned that the hard way.

0 Likes
carriew66

I really wish I had seen this forum earlier. I just got the email this morning...my perfectly working, in great condition, reset to factory settings (find my iPhone definitely turned off),  iPhone appraised at $200...got me a $36 gift card. I am still waiting to see what gift card I get for my daughter's phone, after reading the forums, I ma guessing it will be about the same as mine. I honestly would not have upgraded at this time...if this is not rectified, I am leaving Verizon. What a scam. I have been a customer for over 14 years. Very disappointing...I am going to look at the paperwork now and see how much time I have left to end the current contract.

0 Likes
mrfixer63

I too was given a quote of $200.00 dollars for a my iPhone 4S ... and I too recieved $36.00 .

I followed the directions and made sure find-my-iphone was turned off.

The other bull is they send a bubble pack envelope that you cannot get a tracking number added to.

If it was crushed by the postal service or lost .. you would get nothing.

As far as I'm concerned $36.00 is still nothing.

I feel so ripped off.

NEVER AGAIN would I send in a phone under this program.. if they won't do it in the store, then sell it on ebay you will

get way more than $36.00

If you don't here anything from Verizon , go to the website "RIPOFFREPORTS.COM" and tell people about this scam.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

First of all the program is flawed because people actually think that being lazy by doing an appraisal by mail is the best thing to do.

Second of all the majority of the posts on these and other subjects are from trolls. No way possible that this or other thing happened  to all these people.

Third yes you can get insurance or certified receipt and the return labels do have a tracking number.

Fourth per the agreement you signed and LAW you cannot file a class action against verizon.  If you feel that strongly file a case in small claims.

And believe it or not....just because you read it on the Internet does not make it true, with the exception of my posts.

Best wishes

0 Likes
Patience_Gone
Contributor - Level 3

I believe it did happen to .  It didn't happen to me, because I already knew this program was a scam before sending my phone in cause I read the fine print.  I feel sorry for those ripped off.  And they have been ripped off...no doubt about it. Because you can sell your phone on ebay and get $200 for it. 

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

How is it being ripped off and customer not aware? The process of trade I  value versus sell it yourself has gone on for years. Everyone knows you are better off selling it yourself but they are lazy and don't want the hassle then when something goes wrong want to complain. It's like holding a snake and complaining when it bites you. You knew it was a snake going in!

0 Likes
Patience_Gone
Contributor - Level 3

Everyone does NOT know about their other options and because they are not familiar with the other options they just deal work the phone company and trust them.  The problem here is that the customer was told that they would get $200 for their trade in. But after they already mailed in their device the company changes the offer and only sends them  $36 based on some small print loophole---not the$200 they were expecting. The process violates trust.

0 Likes
mrfixer63

Ya we make this stuff up .. lazy? They offered me 200 and I took it , I trusted Verizon that's just stupid but it's not lazy? And i took the envelope to the post office and asked if I could track it and they said no. SO  If you aren't involved how bout you stay out of the conversation... (removed)

Edited as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

ONce again so now you mean to tell me noone knows they can sell their phone themselves? And it's not a small print loophole it's the terms and conditions of the program. People are so lazy they will use anything as an excuse.

0 Likes