Do not trust Verizon with your money
fobea

My name is Mathew John (removed), , US Military Solder and loyal Verizon  Wireless customer form number (removed). I have not been able to  get any resolution through traditional sources within your company. Feb  23 20014 I called customer service to inquire about a refund for a  deposit I place last year at the start of my service on Feb 18 2013.  After waiting on hold for 45 min I was told that I would have to contact  Century Link to resolve this issue and then transferred. I waited  another 30min only to be told by the Century Link representative that  this was a Verizon Issue. I was then transferred back to Verizon. I  spoke with a gentlemen Verizon Rep who was less than helpful. He sounded  under the influence of drugs or alcohol and at times was quite rude.  After waiting for another 45min, for him to research my issue. I was  told that he couldn't find anything wouldn't be able resolve my issue  today. He explained he would have to create a case to try and locate my  deposit. I was given a form number and told to call back within seven to  ten days. March 3 2014, I called customer service and was again  directed to Century Link , who again directed me back to Verizon, who  then said I needed to talk to the finance department. My faith in the  competence of your representatives was completely gone and upon being  transferred to your finance Dep. I immediately asked to speak with a  manager. After explaining my situation to the finance manage, I was told  that the original case that was submitted was the wrong procedure and  that she would investigate and submitted the proper case;  (removed). I requested I be contacted upon resolution. She  apologized for my level of service and said I'd be contacted back within  24 to 48 hrs. I was not given a direct number and when I inquired who i  should call if I don't receive a call back. She told me that this  really was a customer service Dep. Issue and to contact them, but  guaranteed that someone would contact me. March 6 2014, Having never  received a call back. I again called customer service who informed me  that my deposit was sent to Century Link! This whole ordeal has made me  very dissatisfied with the level of service and my overall treatment  I've received by your company. you know time is money , who is going to  reimburse me for the hours wasted dealing with Verizon's incompetence ? I  live in a tight nit military community in New Mexico. The only real  options for cell service for military and their families is Verizon or  sprint. I will not be recommending Verizon from this point on unless I  receive some form of retribution. I will be terminating my service ASAP.  I'll be informing my community, friends, family and co-workers about  the horrible customer service at your company, and blogging and sending  reviews about my experiences. Then end of my story can still be changed ,  even if my experiences can not. It's now in the corporate offices  hands. I hope this letter may help you to provide better customer  service in the future. Because at this point your operations are far  from excellent.

I called again on 10 Mar 14. I spoke to another manager who then contacted century link. They continued to pass the buck between companies with no further resolution. I was told that I would receive a call on Wednesday the 12th from the manager of Verizon. I have received no response, no resolution. No real help from either company. Beware of Verizon and century link. They will take your money without regard and never refund it back. The amount of time it took for them to take my money was three seconds. I have spent almost a month now trying to get it back after following all of the required terms and conditions. I've been nothing but a loyal customer who always pays his bill on time. I'm appalled that they would treat me in this manner.Verizon advertises itself as a supporter of our armed services. I'm severely disappointed as a member of the U.S. Military. I hereby make it my mission to inform the people of the United States of America about the mistreatment and abuse of the good people in this country who put faith and trust in companies like century link and Verizon to provide quality services and products to the average working class person. I will continue to update the public on my experiences and hopeful resolution or disapointment in the future.

Private info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Do not trust Verizon with your money
BlackThumbEDQ

Look at Federal Trade Commission website and see if their complaint process can help you at all.  I too am veteran and have been with Verizon for 10 consecutive years - no real alternative where I live and travel. Former neighbor owned the local phone, cable TV and DSL ISP until he retired and sold them to another small, local company.  He always said to complain to FTC and FCC about cell phone (then, only Verizon's) customer service operations - that they behave only as a retailer, not a service industry and definitely not as a responsible utility company.

0 Likes
Re: Do not trust Verizon with your money
igovirginmobile
Contributor - Level 1

An you expected anything different from Verizon? By removing challenging feedback from their customers, this "community" gives the false appearance that Verizon gets lots of positive feedback and no poor feedback on their service. Anyone with Business 101 training knows this: listen to the voice of your customer and give them what they want. If it were not for the grandfathered unlimited plan I would be gone.

0 Likes