Disputing your bill dated May 16, 2014 as charging $467.61
hiroy

@

I got a charge of $467.61 on last May bill including a $300 extra charge for enormous amount (a 30 GB) of data services in a couple of days in last April, to which I am sure that I almost not resposible. The Following is a copy of my letter, mailed a month ago, to Verizon WL Customer Service in charge for my plans for 4G JetPack and mobile phone, disputing this outrageous charge with a short description of the representative's attitudes against my call reporting a rain of erroneous "data overrating alerts" emails from Verizon WL. To my regret, I have heard nothing from the customer service while my bank executed the Verizon bill in early May.

In this connection, I recall that there were certain reports around that time discussing about "Erroneous Data Overage Reports and Unfair Charges on Wrong Data Overage Counting" in this commnity. I now wonder if the customer service is habituated to ignore customers' complaints to the troubles of this sort! I wish to have somebody to help me.

======  Copy of My Letter to Customer Service, in which some characters are replaced with "XX.." for privacy sake ======

Verizon Wireless
ATTN: Prepaid Customer Service
(Removed)

May 22, 2014

Re: Disputing your bill dated May 16, 2014 as charging $467.61

Dear Sirs:
Please make quick reference to the enclosed documents 1. Bill Summary Charges (as selected copy of your bill of the captioned date from your My Verizon home page, and 2. A list of Date, Time, and Unbilled Data Usage in KB, where I found 17 abnormally high usages (as marked by the arrows) whose total is over a 30 GB!

I mostly stay in Tokyo, Japan where my head office exists, visiting the States twice a year, a 1 month's stay for each visit, namely April/May and September/October. I entered in US on 4/15 and started using my Verizon JetPack 4510L (Phone Number 510-XXX-XXX) from 4/17 for updating Windows 8 system files in my desktop placed at Tucson, AZ, where I have my US (seasonal) branch office. I also made updating the files for my mobile computers, such as iPad Air and a laptop I brought from Tokyo in addition to downloading a few tens of E-mails and browsing a modest number of home pages on Internet per day. Nothing wrong happened in my data usage on 4/17 and 18 as is evidenced in the list.

However, a tremendous stream of your "data rate overage" alerts started coming in from 4/19 through 4/20 (and some more on 4/22) indicating a 1.5 -2.0 GB usage for each alert, while I was doing nothing extra other than routine browsing and E-mailing on the computers.

Then, I placed a call from my mobile phone, Verizon 510-XXX-XXX, to your customer service (611) at 5:24 pm on 4/23 and told one of your representative about this disaster. (It took 31 minutes 46 seconds before being hung up from your service side! And, he never called me back!) I recall he promised me to check it out and will make necessary adjustments for me.

As matter of fact, no data usage overage alert came in after this call, see the list, regardless of my continuing usage of your JetPack for internetting, but, I now feel quite furious about looking at the current billing on that enormous (and mostly erroneous) usage without any adjustments. Please locate the representative in charge and make necessary adjustments for me. I look forward to hearing from you,
Sincerely,

Hirosuke

(Removed)

Personal info removed as required by the

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Disputing your bill dated May 16, 2014 as charging $467.61
rcschnoor
Legend

Updating Windows 8 system files can use a lot of data. Updating system files on other computers/tablets will do the same.

To dispute your bill, you can either take Verizon to small claims court or file a Notice of Dispute form with Verizon.

0 Likes