Disputing False Buyout and ETF Charges for over 6 months now
JESGOH78

Buying a new phone has been an absolute nightmare and I am almost at my wits end.

This past July I ordered a new phone. I was eligible for a new one. So i ordered it, and as soon as i did i realized it was being shipped to my sisters, who cant accept Fedex deliveries. Whoops! So i IMMEDIATELY called to have the order edited and the address changed. I was told it was fixed. YAY!

A few days later i got the FedEx tracking info and it was still going to the wrong address. I called right away and CSR Dana, called Fedex to cancel the order and have the phone shipped back to the warehouse. We were then going to reorder myself a new one and ship it to the correct address. A few weeks later i got my new phone finally.
THEN in August I received a bill with a $718 buyout charge on it, for the phone that was returned and received at the warehouse. (I have proof that it was signed for)
From August to November I spent countless hours on the phone trying to get that charge removed. It never happened. They verified the phone was received but no one could get the credit to go through.
In November i got another CSR agent who had a plan to help me! AND HE DID! So i thought...
Turns out what he did was disconnect my 2 lines from the current billing account and create me a new account.
This has caused the original billing account to now have 2 Buyout Charges and 2 Early Termination Charges on it. I have an outstanding bill of $1,522.43 that is being threatened to go to collections.
Of course I've called about this and the CSR is so sorry and cant believe this has happened, etc... she filed a ticket that I'm sure wont go through.
I'd really appreciate having these charges removed, seeing as i never terminated any lines, nor did i ever buy out any phones.
My next step is to hire a lawyer, I have everything documented so it'll be a slam dunk.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Disputing False Buyout and ETF Charges for over 6 months now
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JESGOH78,

We're sorry to learn of your experience and we would be happy to assist. I have sent you a Direct Message to get started.

AdamG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes