Dispute Charge
brep98

I ordered the new iPhone on Friday and yesterday I received an email saying my order was canceled. I called verizon and turns out the fraud department canceled it because i moved to a new house on Saturday and now my billing address isn't the same as the one for my credit card. The email also stated that I can resubmit my order and the funds will be back on my credit card within 72 hours but I don't want to wait that long. So the question is if I were to dispute the charge with my bank will verizon let me use the same credit card to reorder the phone or will they make me pay with a different card since I disputed a transaction from them?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Dispute Charge
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi brep98,

I'm so sorry to learn of any issues in ordering your phone after moving. I'm sure I can help you. Please keep in mind that your account and personal security is of the utmost importance to us, so since the move was so recent, and your credit card's billing zip code doesn't match, to be on the safe side, your order was canceled. You asked if you would be able to use the same credit card when you completed the order again. The answer is yes, but the billing address zip code would need to match. Please contact the credit card company and have the address changed to your new address. Once that is completed, then you will be able to place the order.

I hope this information is helpful.

ChristinaB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

You should allow the charges to go back to the card automatically and then make sure that the billing address on your card is the same as the shipping address so that this doesn't happen when you try to reorder the phone.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Also, the CC company is likely to NOT file a dispute since the charge is probably in a pending status.

0 Likes