Re: Disgusted by Verizon's new share everything plans
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

You can't really say that 1GB costs $50.  That $50 includes unlimited talk/text+hotspot.  Compare that to the current Nationwide unlimited talk/text and that's where the savings come in.  New plans are really only a cost saver for heavy minute/low data users.

soulstice_x
Enthusiast - Level 2

What you forget is the line access charge. For example, I would be going from $9 to $40 for my iPhone and then adding the $50 which says that it's for 1Gb of data. Something is really wrong when access increases by 5 times more and the same can be said about data. A comparison reveals,

1400 $69.95 for iPhone - I would consider this "unlimited" since it has any mobile and friends and family. Probably paying too much considering my usage.

Unlimited text - free with many apps on the iPhone

Unlimited data - $30 a month

The interesting part is that for data, I never really go above 2Gb. I stream a lot of music and this month usage came to 1.4Gb. Also, I've also used approx 350 minutes of voice and rarely if ever text, since e-mail is my preferred text communication.

Let's look at what these plans truly are, a rate increase. VZW has sent a strong message that they are only focused on their shareholders. They forgot that we the consumers matter and I'm sure that we will vote with our wallets. Like I said I love the coverage and service, but the price is leaving me with a bitter taste.

marienabend
Enthusiast - Level 3

Uh, no. The $40 line charge you pay for your cell phone includes unlimited talk/text. Then in addition to that you pay $50 for 1GB+hotspot. That's ridiculous. So, unlimited talk/text+hotspot+1gb data=$90.

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

So stay with what you have.

0 Likes
marienabend
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well, some of us really wanted shared data plans and are sad to see Verizon mess it up so badly. We'll stay with what we have, but for me, I can't stick with Verizon after this move. When my contract expires, I'll go to AT&T.

This new shared data system will screw over most people and take advantage of people's ignorance.

PJNC284
Master - Level 2

marienabend wrote:

Uh, no. The $40 line charge you pay for your cell phone includes unlimited talk/text. Then in addition to that you pay $50 for 1GB+hotspot. That's ridiculous. So, unlimited talk/text+hotspot+1gb data=$90.

That's not the way it's set up.  The line access charge is just that, a line access charge for a device to have access to the pooled minutes, text and data.  Kind of like the $9.99 access charge currently.  It's similar to the Connect plans verizon removed a while back.

0 Likes
mariek102
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have nick-named this the "Share Everything In Your Wallet With Verizon" plan.

marienabend
Enthusiast - Level 3

Either way, you're still paying $90 for 1GB of data when you could have 2GB for about the same price on an individual plan.

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

It would be $120 for the equivalent individual plan. 69.99+20+30= 119.99 as compared to $100 on the new share everything plan.

Compare apples to apples.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Still not a fair comparison since you don't have unlimited talk/text.  A comparable unlimited nationwide talk/text is significantly more than the new Share Everything plans even without adding in the hotspot.  Granted that doesn't help the average customer as the amount of minutes people use has been on a downward trend for a while now.  This is just Verizon's way squeezing everyone to make up for people using less minutes.

0 Likes