Disconnected during transfer
kllavas
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi,

Does anyone have a direct number to customer care/retention? After a long hold period and talking to two reps, I got disconnected during the transfer...

So I am back on hold again trying to see if anyone can help with a cost effective way to replace a stolen iPhone a line with more than 20 months left in the contract. I may let another carrier buy me out of this pickle

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Disconnected during transfer
Tidbits
Legend

No matter what carrier... You'll be on the same boat... A stolen phone is a stolen phone.

You could take T-Mobile current dealings but you have to wait up to 8 weeks to get reimbursed.

0 Likes
kllavas
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yea but since I am on hold again and highly frustrated, I may have to check into that. I am also a union employee and get discounts from multiple carriers so if I don't hear anything appealing, I am going to suspend and shop around.

0 Likes
kllavas
Enthusiast - Level 3

And so when I call back and explain that I had previously spoken with two people and was being transferred, the young lady explains that she is in the customer care dept, has me explain my situation again and she she will see what she can do. She puts me on hold and never comes back. I finally hung up after 30 minutes. I am more or less using this forum to document my wait times for absolutely no help. The TMobile offer to pay ETF fees looks really good especially since I read that they don't have overage fees on your data, they just throttle you down when you hit your limit.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Either outcome just make sure you have to coverage. Oh FYI the pay your ETF you need to submit a trade in. If you have no device they don't pay your ETF. You can't simply buy a $20 phone and expect them to pay a $200+ ETF either.

Tell you now being greater than 1 year left on contract no carrier will let you get another device at a reduced price. No matter which carrier when a phone is lost or stolen insurance(if you have it) or buying a used phone is the route to go.

0 Likes
Not applicable

The T-Mobile promotion is trade in any working smart phone. Not just any phone.

Their data on the unlimited plan is unlimited talk, text for $50 and unlimited data is $20 extra and with that plan you get 2.5 GB of teathering per month. No throttling.

Also Global data is free and texting from over 100 countries is free, and you pay .20¢ per minute for your calls when out of the country. No other carrier has that feature.

The customer has to purchase a new device at full cost and if eligible can pay over 24 months.

Hopefully the original poster reported the device stolen so it can be placed inactive and on the lost and stolen data base.

Good Luck

Not applicable
0 Likes
kllavas
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would not tranfer just one phone, it would be all three lines and I have additional "working" phones from previous upgrades. I just have no spare iPhones.

mistergoogoo that is the number that had me on hold and never came back...

0 Likes
Not applicable

T-Mobile covers up to 5 Lines and will pay ETF's after you pay them off.

You need only working smart phones. Does not matter where they come from but NO Damage on the devices.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Disconnected during transfer
kllavas
Enthusiast - Level 3

They are Samsung GS4, Apple iPhone 4, and a couple of Droid3's. My shortest remaining contract ends in Dec2014 and the longest is late 2015. It is actually more cost effective to pay the termination fees anyway.

0 Likes