Disappointed to be denied upgrade
Phone4me

Not sure where you express my disappointment in my experience today so here it is.  I went to my Verizon store to upgrade my son's phone to a smart phone.  I was told we would have to pay $95 to get out of the contract.  We are in a simple add a line voice/text plan.  We were told that after paying to get out of the contract we wouldn't get his same number back.   I feel that was a poor business decision not to allow us to upgrade our service and pay you more money!?  His phone is not due to upgrade until next March. That is 8 months of additional smart phone service almost $250 that you have now lost as well as the sale of a new iPhone 5. 

I did jump on live chat while I was still in the store and the person handling my questions was able to come up with a way get me a "discounted" phone but I would still have to pay an upgrade fee of $30.  I find it humorous and frustrating that you would charge me to pay you more for upgraded service.  The person on chat was helpful so not upset with him.

We went in to the store with what we thought would be plenty of time before the store closed.  My son was hoping to have a phone for a trip that he leaves on early tomorrow morning.  He was super excited to have his phone, internet, camera, and music all in only one device to keep track of and enjoy on the trip..  Needless to say we walked out of the store without his upgrade. Disappointed kid! 

I suggest you rethink your policy on this issue.  In the businesss world I believe it's about making money and hopefully keep your customers happy in the process.  You fell short today.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Disappointed to be denied upgrade
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If his line wasn't eligible for an upgrade, then he couldn't get a new phone at the two year contract price. You could have purchased a phone at full price or used their payment plan that is currently available.

If one of your other lines was eligible, you could have purchased the phone on that line, renewed the contract with that line and activated the phone on his line.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Disappointed to be denied upgrade
Phone4me

Unfortunately,our lines all come up at the same time so didn't have one to switch. Nothing was ever said about a payment plan and I thought I made it clear we would buy the phone.  They may need a little more training.

0 Likes