Re: Disappointed disallusioned and dissatified am I the only one
mama23dogs
Legend

Perhaps Verizon will start to consider more unique options now.  They lost a large number of customers in the past 2 years. 

The pressure to keep customers or lure new ones is so great, they are now NOT, the most expensive carrier.  For once they are playing second fiddle to ATT, instead of the other way around.

SInce all carriers have forums with similar complaints, we might chalk this all up to the changes being made in the industry.  

smg058
Enthusiast - Level 3

They might be second to AT&T in terms of price, but as far as national customer service rankings through JD Power, AT&T is also #1 in customer service approval ratings, so at least customers can feel that they are getting something for that extra cost...

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

smg058

fyi, you might want to look more closely at the Jump program, it doesn't quite match your description.

Phone Upgrades Made Easy With JUMP! and SCORE! Offers from T-Mobile

it costs an extra $10 a month and your previous phone will receive a credit for remaining payments for up to half its original cost, if it passes inspection.  You can change phones as often as you like, but it's obvious switching often you will lose money.

T-Mobile went over to the uncarrier option a long time ago.  Verizon didn't respond until ATT started Mobile Share and customers were leaving faster than they could count.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

The ratings are over-rated for cars, wireless services, etc....I like to go on personal experience.  I have had good and bad from all carriers.

mama23dogs
Legend

Reading their forums, you would never believe that.   Same complaints, same "Carrier is the worst" posts.

ive used ATT and Verizon and had great experiences with both.

i Did find it annoying that Verizon didn't work harder to keep me.   The plan I asked for, before leaving for ATT, is the one I came back for.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I will say that T-Mobile was about the nicest, although they couldn't do for me as a customer what I needed that would have made me a customer of theirs.  And, AT&T had no issues with me leaving for Verizon after my Alltel service was merged with ATT.  I gave the 2 weeks to iron out the GSM/CDMA mess, and they said they understood.  I didn't try to force them into some discount or threaten anything because I knew that this was just part of the change-over, but couldn't wait several more weeks for the issues to clear up.

Most of these ratings are based on surveys, their own forum research and particular parameters.  Again, most people fuss, post complaints, or are more willing to cough up "the dirt" on a company if they had a bad experience, since that memory when you decided to run up a $3000 bill in overages by watching the entire 7 part series of Harry Potter on your full-on HD phablet on LTE but the company said..."No, you knew better but did it anyway" seems to stick to memory better than that one time where you had that one issue where it was really your fault, but the company gave you a $20 inconvenience credit.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

SO true!

i Don't rule out the occasional horrible mess up.  All carriers can have them, because at the core, are fallible humans.

I have no sympathy for the carrier when they foul up.

I Have equally little sympathy when the customer fouls up, or goes into a situation without knowing what they are doing.  And READ the contract folks!  Make the sales person wait, you are signing a legal document without a lawyer.

erroljr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well I can say I like the service but Customer Service in the stores itself is the worse!! I hate going in a store. Customer Service on the phone is great but if you go in a store is like going to a neck chopping block. I mean these are the most disgusting egotistical and mean with no respect and downright ugly attitudes I have ever seen!!! I mean downright nasty. Talks to you like your nobody!! I went in because I brought my phone online and was told to just come get a sim card and that's it. Well the guy said it's a lie I said what???? It's a Verizon phone. He said you have to get a plan because it's a Verizon phone and not a prepaid phone I said your a liar!!! He made me pull my credit to get a contract I didn't want a contract and I told him do not run my credit just give me the sim card for prepaid he said no and who told you that you can get a sim card for prepaid I said Verizon he said give me a name I said I don't know the person name!!! Then he ran my credit without my approval and said ok we will give you the sim card. I said dude all this stupidity and because I told you I didn't want you to run my credit I was buying a house you did it anyway and now since they said I need to put a little money down for a contract and I told you I didn't want a contract and wasn't getting a contract just give me my sim card and now you say ok we can give you the prepaid sim card ???????? Really ????? All that foolishness for what I had already said and already was told I can do!!!! Dude talked to me like I was a nobody!!! Like I was a fly on you know what !!! If it wasn't for the service I would drop Verizon so fast make their head spin. I will never go on another contract ever!!! Was with another company never had bad customer service. I come to Verizon and this is the reason I left them the first time. Verizon get your people in order in your buildings they are ridiculous!!! Tell them to talk to people like they are human beings not like animals !!! I hate going in these stores!!!! Just dirty non caring people!!!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

To be fair, I see new people in the corporate store I go to all the time.  It's a high-pressure job and environment.  Just take a look at the "remodeled customer experience stores."  It's like some posh ultra lounge in there with bright spotlights here and dark casual LED strip lighting there, round center-seating with tablet desks, employees with every conceivable accessory hanging off of them.  Like walking advertisements.  But, that';s what Verizon thinks we want.  Verizon's version of an Apple Store experience.  My store is nothing like this:  Angelenos Experience “Future of Tech” Design of New Verizon Flagship Store On Santa Monica’s 3rd St....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hi erroljr!

You deseerve stellar customer service with every VZW interaction and I'm saddened to learn abour your unplesant store visit. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. In an effort toget your feedback submitted for review, which store location did you visit?

AyaniB_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes