Disappointed That Black Friday Deal Was Misrepresented
WORDWAIF

A Verizon employee, Derrick, at the Middletown, Connecticut Verizon store presented a Black Friday deal to my son and I on 11/21/18 where we would receive a Galaxy S9 phone and Samsung Gear S3 classic watch both for half price which would result in an increase in our bill which would be less than the cost of the Galaxy S9 phone alone even including the extra $9.99 line fee (he calculated $35 a month).  After receiving our first bill, calling, and visiting the store twice, it has become apparent that the pricing they actually gave us was for half off the phone but only for $150 off the watch (looks like closer to 20% off, not the 50% promised).  If we understand correctly, this will result in us paying an extra $125 for the watch (and ~$200 more than his $35 estimate would have indicated).

Please note that I am a very long-time customer and that in general I have been very satisfied with Verizon.  Even in this encounter, Kayla was very helpful and we were given a credit to offset the activation fee and first month of insurance that Derek said would be waived. It just seems very wrong that we would be offered a deal that encouraged us to add a line to our account and then find out that the pricing was wrong and we have to pay more than was originally offered.  It makes me question whether staying with Verizon is the right move for my family and I.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Disappointed That Black Friday Deal Was Misrepresented
melissap_vzw
Verizon Employee

WORDWAIF, I am terribly sorry that what should have felt like an excellent and exciting holiday deal, has turned into such a headache. You deserve nothing but the utmost honesty and straightforward account information anytime you work with us. We would be devastated to lose you and your family as valued customers over this matter and would like to work with you on a resolution. I have sent you a Private Message so we can work within your account while keeping your information protected.

Melissa_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Disappointed That Black Friday Deal Was Misrepresented
WORDWAIF

Melissa,

I appreciate your response but I do not see a private message either in this mailbox or in the email I use for my account.  Can you please either let me know where you contacted me or call me on my Verizon phone number?  Thank you.  I look forward to hearing from you.

0 Likes