Didn't pay security deposit, now what?
Ghostmeat

It charged me 50 bucks for the plan, but I didn't realize my credit was bad enough to need a security deposit (the info which was given to me in the confirmation email of my order... so I paid 50 dollars to find out that I need to pay 125 more). Anyways I didn't pay the security deposit but I still have a charge for 50 bucks in my account. Will it be refunded naturally after the 5 days of processing is over? Or will I need to dispute?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Didn't pay security deposit, now what?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

OK--that helps clarify things a bit.  Was the $50 actually charged to your debit/credit card?  You are showing a $40 and a $50 charge?  Perhaps take up the dispute with the bank and they can cancel the $50, allowing you use of the funds?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

What is the $50 for?  What plan?  New account?  (I'm assuming that's the case as a security deposit happens when you open an account).  Did you purchase a phone?

More details are needed, and we are just other customers.  A call to customer service would likely get you  faster results.

0 Likes
Ghostmeat

The 2g contract plan + service access fee. I had purchased a phone at Walmart, came home to activate it. Ended up activating thru the prepaid plan instead so I paid 50 bucks for the failed contract (no option to cancel, just to approve the 125 deposit), then 40 for the successful prepaid plan.

I did call customer service, got transferred thrice to prepaid (who told me each time they can't see postpaid info so to call postpaid), I talked to postpaid who said to 'wait it out'. But waiting out 5 days isn't super easy when the extra 50 buck charge is making it now impossible to pick up groceries 😕 At least if I KNEW it'd be refunded I could figure something out in the meantime, but I don't want to borrow money when I know I won't be able to pay it back within a timely manner.

0 Likes
Ghostmeat

And yes it was a new account, but it seemed to have never actually made the account in the process. I gave them the same info that was in the emails and they say it's not in their system, so either it got lost or maybe it's not processed and they charged me prematurely? I'm not sure. thank you

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

OK--that helps clarify things a bit.  Was the $50 actually charged to your debit/credit card?  You are showing a $40 and a $50 charge?  Perhaps take up the dispute with the bank and they can cancel the $50, allowing you use of the funds?

0 Likes
Ghostmeat

Yes, checking my statement again the name of the charge has changed slightly today.

yesterday: donest.png

today: "Verizon Wrls E24 58643******(+4 last digits of my card)" which gives me hope that it was seen and in the process of being returned?

I think I will take your advice and see to the bank. Thank you very much

0 Likes