Re: Did you know the tablets are now available with the Edge program?
hambone1995
Enthusiast - Level 3

Duplicate post, please see: Is Verizon getting rid of Unlimited?

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
Not applicable

The corporate plan is probably to just do away with unlimited data. It's not part of your service plan so it probably could be taken away at anytime now.

However many that have unlimited will jump ship to other carriers.

Personally my use last month was 35 megabytes so it's not a deal breaker.

I also have service at another provider with unlimited everything. However I don't use it but my wife does.

I am sure complaints will go out to state attorney generals offices if it's taken away.

Lawyers will hash it out. Good luck to them

0 Likes
Not applicable

Elector wrote:

The corporate plan is probably to just do away with unlimited data. It's not part of your service plan so it probably could be taken away at anytime now.

However many that have unlimited will jump ship to other carriers.

Of course it's the plan and the sooner the better. As of June 28 2014 all unlimited data customers should be off contract.

let them jump ship. I bet most don't. why? they could have already. Remember 1/3 live in area where T-Mobile or Sprint don't even exist. Where are they going, at&t? Many of the others live in areas where T-mobile an Sprint coverage is awful.

let look at it this way if one was using unlimited data and paying $30 for the unlimited tethering. Assuming they had a minimum minute plan and unlimited texting they would be paying $120 plus taxes and fees. And taking into account they were already month to month so moving to a More Everything plan would net a $25 discount on plan over 10 GB they could be a M.E. plan with 10 GB for $115. That's plenty for a lot of people. Also that's assuming the caps stay the same and with the end of unlimited data I see the caps going up.

0 Likes
hambone1995
Enthusiast - Level 3

I use an average of 152.43 GB per month, so the 10GB More Everything is not so helpful to me!

0 Likes
Not applicable

Your analogy could be correct. As with any opinion it depends on the circumstances.

My personal take for myself only is I don't really care. I use very little.

Now taking that into account if what I believe is true the folks like myself that previously used kilobytes or megabytes are put on metered data and immediately see huge increases in data use where it was never that way before will have credence to Verizon now gouging via inaccurate data accounting.

This will in my opinion cause investigations by federal and state authorities. You see if you were to look at my data usage going back even 18 months I have not ever used a gigabyte of data. If I see overage charges appear after the unlimited taken away I will go to court as a single right of action.

Does not cost much to file and attorney fees come out of the settlement. But that is my opinion and theory.

It is true Sprint and T-Mobile don't have the best coverage and that will eventually change. But will customers wait for those changes?

Good Luck

0 Likes
Not applicable

You my friend use way to much data. It is because of the huge use customers that there and metered data was put in place. That and its a huge cash cow for Verizon

My wife likes her YouTube and Netflix and occasionally as last month and this month will use around 15 GB

But on average she uses less than 2 gigabytes of data.

I am a believer that unlimited means just that, unlimited. However when the program was offered Verizon was trying to gain customer base. Now that they have it, they don't care about a few thousand customers leaving. Even if twenty-one million left out of their 120 million customer base it still will not affect them right away.

0 Likes
hambone1995
Enthusiast - Level 3

I do use a LOT, but I live in a rural area, and that is the only internet that I can get in my location. I can't get cable internet in my location. That is why I need my truly unlimited data.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Did you look into satellite internet? The pricing has come way down from years ago. I think Hughes Net has a web site.

Home | WildBlue | Fast Satellite Internet

Satellite Internet, HughesNet Gen4 High-Speed Satellite Internet Provider

Worth looking into.

0 Likes
hambone1995
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had Hughes for a while, but storms+satellites= not so good. And, I live in the South, so we had a lot of storms. I will see if they have changed anything, and try them out again.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Link to that page showing the changes to the DPP option?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes