Dialing number twice to connect
zender4672
Enthusiast - Level 2

We are having difficulties with our phones in different areas, they work fine in the zip code 74019 but as soon as we enter zip codes 74401 and 73728, the areas my step son live and my wife works, we get an automated message to dial the number again before the call connects. help please

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Dialing number twice to connect
rcschnoor
Legend

Do you call the full 10 digit phone number, or just 7 digit phone number?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

A couple of solutions / possibilities mentioned in other threads:

Turn off any Usage controls (Family Base) and see if that has any effect.

Reset the network - power off the phone, remove the SIM card, then reinsert it (careful not to touch the gold contacts) and restart your phone.

CHeck to see that your network is set to LTE/CDMA, not Global.

0 Likes
zender4672
Enthusiast - Level 2

yes we have dialed the full 10 digits.

0 Likes
zender4672
Enthusiast - Level 2

i contacted my stepson, he made all the changes, no result. i am very frustrated with this. now i have to drive an hour and sit on the phone to try to figure this out. as soon as i enter this area, my galaxy s5 does the same thing. i know we cant be the only ones that have dealt with this in these areas.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know the importance of ensuring you get good service zender4672! I was able to verify the zip coes 74401 and 73728 are Extended coverage areas. Using service in an extended area you may experience issues. Have you recently started experiencing difficulites in the area? Have you been able to use service fine previously? What make and model devices are you using?

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
beentheredonethat
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've heard of this.  "Extended Network" means that your Verizon phone will work on other carriers' networks, those being partners of Verizon.  Being prompted to redial is a side-effect of Family Base/Usage Controls.  That extended partner's system can't process calls using Usage Controls.  The first try identifies you to their network as a Verizon user but doesn't identify the number you're dialing, so you get the recording.  When you dial again your call goes through.  And since most people use their contacts to make calls and can't remember actual phone numbers, it becomes a big hassle.  Disabling Family Base usually isn't enough; you have to actually remove the feature.

0 Likes