Re: Device payment plan not explained very well
jstuart83

Yes that probity is true I was referring to an earlier post

0 Likes
sacul74

Hope this help.  I was experiencing the same issues, went to the store and wanted to upgrade while under contract (4 months remaining) and I was pre-approved and at the end of the process would be forced to pay the full price.  But, I was lucky and got a manager that wouldn't accept that.  He had to keep trying everyday for 5 days but yesterday ( 09MAY13) he was successful in getting me into the device payment plan.  He told me that is was a system issue that was causing the issue not the customer.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
sgttsmitty

I do have a question about it. When you used the payment plan, how did they handle the taxes? It's not really outlined anywhere. A friend of mine used it a few days ago, and they made him pay his first payment, all of the taxes for the full purchase price of the phone, and the whole $24 finance charge all up front. He ended up paying $150 up front instead of the $60-$65 I was expecting to spend. I'm just trying to figure out if that's correct before I try it myself (except for the finance charge, I know that was handled incorrectly and is supposed to be $2 on each month's bill). They told him he was the first one that they had done, so I'm thinking they may have just done it incorrectly.

0 Likes
eburke
Enthusiast - Level 2

With the device payment plan your account might be pre-approved but the Verizon reps can't know for sure until they complete the proccess, the standing of your account might not have anything to do with it, i was on the phone with a verizon rep who had no idea why I couldn't complete the proccess, i waited on hold for over a half hour while she contacted 3 different departments trying to figure out what was going on, in the end I couldn't do the payment plan because when i first signed up instead of making me pay a deposit they put me in a "program" so I wouldn't have to pay the deposit. That was what stopped me from being eligible, it wasn't something anyone saw right up front.

As for the initial payment it is supposed to be the full taxes on the device, the first payment and 2.00 or the finance charge.

0 Likes