Device Recycling Scam
coastersue

If anyone is thinking of using this program - DON'T!  I mailed in my device on 1/10/14 and the status is still showing "not received".  I tried contacting the Device Recycling Department, but they're worthless.  Even though all the paperwork says that you'll receive the e-gift card in 2 weeks, they told me it could take up to 6 weeks due to overwhelming demand.  It's now been 6 weeks so I contacted them again and was told last week that I would receive a gift card in 2 days.  It's now been 7 days and NOTHING.

I've tried to be patient, but this is absolutely ridiculous.  Not only have I lost my iPhone to these scam artists, but I have no gift card to show for it either.  I've been a loyal Verizon Wireless customer for many years, but I will be changing to a different carrier when my contract ends if this is not promptly resolved in my favor.  If I don't get my gift card for the amount my device was appraised at, I will be contacting the Better Business Bureau and my attorney.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Device Recycling Scam
mama23dogs
Legend

You have my sympathies.  

I See multiple posts on the subject.  Many mailed in their phones in October or November and still have no credit.   There has to be a better way or the program is dead (certainly for me it is). 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

coastersue,

I can understand how important it is to get the gift card that you were promised. We want to make sure that you get this gift card as well. I would recommend on reaching out to our trade in team since they would be the ones that handle this issue. Have you tried to reach out to them by e-mail? You can do that by following this link http://vz.to/1vCqF6w  and click on "Contact Us". 

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
coastersue

Yes, I've reached out to them numerous times and they either don't respond or just give me the runaround. They've been no help at all.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm so sorry this has been your experience coastersue! Have you checked your email to see if the gift card number was emailed? You can also check your other boxes, such as Spam. If you still haven't received, you can call Recycle Program at 877-247-3846, and keep escalating. I'm sure this will be resolved.

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes