Desperate for service
GottaFixThis
Enthusiast - Level 1
Header 1
I live in the country just 8 Miles from a major city and our cell phone signal inside this house is horrible! My husband has to make and take tons of work related calls and to make sure they won't be dropped or every other word heard he has to go outside. I was about to pay the $250 for the Samsung Signal Booster when i realized it requires high speed internet which we are stuck with satilitte and it is horrible also. What can we do to fix this?  I've looked at other signal boosters but they all seem to need high speed internet.  Thank you in advance to anyone that can help me figure this out!!
Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Desperate for service
rcschnoor
Legend

Another option if you are unwilling to search for a provider with adequate service in your area is to have your husband have his cell calls forwarded to a land line inside your home before he comes home. Discontinue the forwarding when he leaves for work.Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

Weth
Legend

The best choice is to go with a company that has adequate signal in your area.

Since you do not have reliable Internet, other than going with another company with better signal, your only other choice is a signal booster or repeater. I have no experience with these, so I cannot make any recommendations. You can google search verizon signal booster. There are some on Amazon, ubersignal.com, and ebay. Maybe someone else has experience with any of these to chime in.

The way these work is to take a usable signal from outside the home, amplify the signal and re-transmit the signal inside of your home.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Another option if you are unwilling to search for a provider with adequate service in your area is to have your husband have his cell calls forwarded to a land line inside your home before he comes home. Discontinue the forwarding when he leaves for work.Smiley Happy