Data usage when not using any data
TNPTK

Today, Verizon sent my husband and I a text message saying we were almost out of data. Our plan month ends tonight. My husband and I are home and are connected to our home wifi and aren't using any cellular data. Our plan renews tomorrow so we assumed we would be fine until the plan renews. NOT TRUE! Our phones apparently continue to use data even when we aren't using them. Then we get a text that Verizon charged us $15 for 1 GB of data. HOW CAN WE USE DATA WHEN WE AREN'T USING OUR PHONES!???!!!

The next problem is that I cannot find an email address to send Verizon an email about this. WHY IS THAT?? Chat is not available and I don't like using chat. I would rather talk to someone in person, but that's not possible right now, neither is talking with someone by phone. So email is the next logical choice, but that's not possible either. I've been a Verizon customer for a LONG time and have been happy up until now. I don't think we should be charged for using data that WE DIDN'T USE!!!! I would appreciate a customer service manager contacting me by phone asap.

Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Data usage when not using any data
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which phone models do you have? Is the cellular data connection in standby mode or turned off completely while you are connected to wifi?

Which plan do you have? If you have the new Verizon Plan, you should enable the Safety Mode feature to prevent any overage charges.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes