Data usage not updating
missmeagain
Enthusiast - Level 1

For the past several weeks, I have noticed that our "data usage" states we have 100% data left, even though I have checked at mid-cycle and the last day of the billing cycle.  I have chatted with two different agents online and no one really gives a straight answer.  I know overage fees will be waived for those who can't pay their bill.  We can actually pay our bill but using way more data than usual.  Will ours truly be waived?  For how long? Is there a hard cut off date? I don't want ANY huge surprises, especially after two different Verizon agents told me "not to worry about it".  Is everyone's like this? They seem to not even know what's going on.

0 Likes
Re: Data usage not updating
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello there, missmeagain! We are concerned your data usage is not updated, and we would love the opportunity to help you today. Can you please elaborate further? When was the last time you verifying the data consumption? Are you verifying via mobile or desktop site? 

RachelM_VZW

0 Likes
nbkramer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello, 

Mine is not updating either. I used to know what I've used and who of my 5 phones, have used it. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

nbkramer,

Knowing your data is a must, as it's never fun to have to worry about going over. We'll work together on this and make sure there is no confusion regarding data usage. To begin, during this time, you're currently receiving the 15GB of bonus data due to COVID-19 relief. With this being the case, the link here (http://spr.ly/6604GBRuC) will reference how all customers will not be able to view this data in their usage. 

"Please note that you will not see the additional allowance in your My Verizon account online, in the Verizon App, or on your bill. To be eligible, you must be on a qualifying postpaid (unlimited or shared), Jetpack or prepaid plan"

So, beginning in June (unless this offer is extended), you'll be back to normal and see the full breakdown of data usage on the account. Does this help clarify the concerns you're having? 

RyanC_VZW

0 Likes
nbkramer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello, 

Thank you for your help, I was looking into which user was using all of the data. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

nbkramer, we know how vital it is for you to know which of your lines uses all of the data and we want to help you. I sent you a Private Message. Please respond at your earliest convenience.  JacobG_VZW

0 Likes
atwagner3181

My data was not updating either through the end of May.  I was also not received notifications of approaching data limits or overage charges per GB as I have in past years.  I received a $570 bill this month for utilizing 16GB over without a single notification prior to.  I have been a customer for 20 years and have always had stable and predictable bills.   Had I known we were incurring fees I would’ve adjusted our use.  This is a first.  

0 Likes